Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   January 2010 Doll Quilt Swap PICTURES (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/january-2010-doll-quilt-swap-pictures-t33466.html)

CajunQuilter2 02-05-2010 06:42 AM

Wow, these last few are awesome, knot sew that one is just 2 cute--love it, rhonda love what you did with the cornfabric, who would have thought corn could look so good. :-). Jl what an awesome quilt, you did your state proud. Panda I love the quilt your friend did, yes please encourage her to join. All the doll quilts on here have just been awesome, I should be getting mine from star soon, but i am not home so will have son mail it to me as soon as i have an address here in sc which should be next week.

Esqmommy 02-05-2010 07:00 AM

Oh that's such a cute NYC quilt!! What a great idea...captures the feel of the city! Nice job Ruth.

Knot Sew 02-05-2010 07:30 AM

Thank you ladies, I don't live in the city but I was thinking of the state and this always comes to mind, plus I really loved this fabric.
I like in the Adirondack foothills. An area of winter sports and hiking and fishing. We have lots of apple orchards and family owned small farms. Before industry went elsewhere this was a big paper making area. I live aways from the city and its still a place of awe for me

Chele 02-05-2010 07:56 AM

Even more cute quilts! There are still quite a few to see, so stay tuned!

sandpat 02-05-2010 09:36 AM

Oh gosh! Rhonda...you did a wonderful job with that corn!!! Ruth...I love the "city" quilt and the japanese quit....wow..its just wow! I love all these!

Nancy in Louisiana 02-05-2010 09:45 AM

This just proves that "good things come to those who wait". Absolutely beautiful quilts, ladies.

Rhonda 02-05-2010 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
RHONDA!!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!
I cannot wait to get it in my hot little hands!
It's beautiful!!!

But, alas....I'm still struggling with yours.....I PROMISE, I will make it up to you with extra goodies.
I cannot believe I am having such a horrible time trying to make one little doll quilt!!
Hubby says I should just plop a gecko on it and call it good. lmao

Terri don't stress! It will work out and whenever I get it I know it will be GOOD!! I love looking forward to getting things in the mail!! Take as long as you need to. I know believe me I know! how hard it is to be creative when the flow isn't coming like you want it to. Iam always on a time table to get stuff done for the local gift store but it is hard to create just because you are supposed to! I have to be in the mood or it just doesn't flow!

Rhonda 02-05-2010 10:17 AM

I just love the Kimono quilt! I was fortunate to see a display of Kimonos at the University of Iowa Hospital. It was really a wonderful display. The ceiling was 3 stories high in the center of that section and they had the kimonos suspended in mid air in this open area. You could see them from any of the 3 stories. It was a fantastic display and of course they intriqued me!!

Rhonda 02-05-2010 10:18 AM

KnotSew that is a terrific idea to use that fabric with the traveling buttons! What a great quilt Linda!!

Rhonda 02-05-2010 10:21 AM

thank you everyone for the kind comments. I wasn't sure if I liked it or not. But I couldn't come up with anything else. I debated on leaving the center as is without the big border but I wanted the original fabric to show somewhere and as I had the farm fabric I couldn't put the corn fabric on the back which is what I have done in the past. tho I have never made anything any more ambitious than hotpads before with this technique. I am glad it came out ok.