Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   January 2010 Doll Quilt Swap PICTURES (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/january-2010-doll-quilt-swap-pictures-t33466.html)

jljack 02-05-2010 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
jljack....you are NOT the last one to send.
I'm struggling with mine for Rhonda.
I feel really bad that it's taking me this long to do such a little simple quilt, but then again.....being on a pebble, we don't have much. Maybe I'll just embroider a pebble on some fabric and call it good. lol

Sounds good to me, Terri!! And I am REALLY happy I was NOT last to send. I was worried...I got too busy with our quilt show, and then was just too tired to do anything for a couple of days. I can't wait to see what it is you are struggling so hard with, Terri!!! I am sure Rhonda will just love it for all the extra blood, sweat and tears you are putting in it!!

jljack 02-05-2010 01:31 PM

Rhonda, I love the soy bean story!! I am sure if my grandfather had that vision he would have grown them...he was pretty progressive for his time. I have lots of memories of my family's farms, and riding the cattle, feeding the animals, climbing up in the haylofts, swimming in the ponds....lots of stuff!! For a little city girl, that was pure, wonderful, joyful fun!!

Rhonda 02-05-2010 02:06 PM

LOL I never rode the cows tho I loved to pet them. My other grandpa had a really large dog Jack(probably part great dane) and I used to ride Jack back beside my grandpa to go bring the cows up for milking. Yup lots of memories! I will continue walking down memory lane on my PDA and quit sidetracking this thread!! LOL

Gramakitten 02-05-2010 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by laparshall
Very nice quilts added today. Nice work. Scraplover and I have a date on Sunday to meet and exchange. We live about 2 hours apart. I can't wait to meet her. We are going to my LQS Super Bowl Sale. Fun!!!

Linda

are you going to country stitches? I live about an hour from there.

NorBanaquilts 02-05-2010 03:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my little piece of Texas from imjustme. How did she know I love cowboys?

Janstar 02-05-2010 04:14 PM

Another cutie! They are all just wonderful!!

sandpat 02-05-2010 04:34 PM

Imjustme, that is a darling cowboy quilt!

I got my beeeeuuuuteeeful quilt from Janice today and I was right, it is even better in person!Thank you sooo much Janice and also thanks for the chopsticks, almonds, raisons and that darling little baby rotary cutter! DH keeps saying, "what is that?" I just threw him a few almonds and he quieted right down. :lol: :lol: He loves the quilt too..thank you, thank you!

Teacup 02-05-2010 05:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh, I love these last quilts! What a great job everyone's done!

Here'a another wonderful quilt -- I got it from 978 Gray! She lives in Massachusetts and this is her first doll quilt. She's also a new quilter...isn't this great? She selected a Colonial theme printed on the blocks. The ship is for the Boston/Salem seaports; the building is the House of Representatives on Beacon Hill; the people are colonialists and the animal are for the farming culture of our forefathers that was prevelant before the Industrial Revolution.

I just love it...thank you so much! My DH gives it a BIG thumbs up too! You did a great job on your binding...can't believe you're new at this!

I have just wrapped up your quilt and it is in the washer. It is going to the post office first thing tomorrow. I'm sorry it is late, but it's on it's way.

Colonial Boston Doll Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]30495[/ATTACH]

Rhonda 02-05-2010 06:03 PM

I love the cowboy quilt! and the quilt you received Teacup is terrific too!

Chele 02-05-2010 06:17 PM

Such a nice Massachusetts quilt! It's like a fun history lesson. If they would have taught history with quilts, I might be a scholar now! You guys are outdoing yourselves with these quilts!