Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   January 2010 Doll Quilt Swap PICTURES (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/january-2010-doll-quilt-swap-pictures-t33466.html)

nellie 02-05-2010 08:18 PM

i love seeing all the wonderful quilts everyone has make

Quilt Mom 02-06-2010 05:06 AM

Wow! After seeing all the creativity that went into the quilts for January - following a theme - I begin to wonder if, just for fun, we could do a theme once or twice a year. Not often, I know. There are a lot of independent thinkers on the board :lol: myself included. Having a theme, though, surely did not stifle the creative thinking processes!!

Beautiful quilts!

LindaR 02-06-2010 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
KnotSew that is a terrific idea to use that fabric with the traveling buttons! What a great quilt Linda!!

aren't I lucky, I just love it....

LindaR 02-06-2010 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by Gramakitten

Originally Posted by laparshall
Very nice quilts added today. Nice work. Scraplover and I have a date on Sunday to meet and exchange. We live about 2 hours apart. I can't wait to meet her. We are going to my LQS Super Bowl Sale. Fun!!!

Linda

are you going to country stitches? I live about an hour from there.

LOVE that quilt store....go there when we attend MQN in Sept and spent bucks :thumbup:

sandpat 02-06-2010 05:49 AM

Teacup, that is so cute! You are lucky lucky! Gray...how did you print on the fab? Can you share your secrets?

tlrnhi 02-06-2010 06:48 AM

CUTE, CUTE!

Hey Rhonda!
I'm almost done!
Hope to have it in the mail on Monday!
WOOHOO!!!

Rhonda 02-06-2010 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
CUTE, CUTE!

Hey Rhonda!
I'm almost done!
Hope to have it in the mail on Monday!
WOOHOO!!!

I was hoping you were going to tell me you got yours in the mail!! Hopefully you will see it next week! I can't wait to see what you decided on!! I know it will be terrific!!

Chele 02-06-2010 09:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I received my beautiful little quilt from quiltingcloud! It's adorable. Just look at all the embellishments and three-dimensional flowers. She hand quilted it too!

It came with a beautiful fat quarter, some pretty magnetic bookmarks and a type of thimble that I've never seen before. I'm thimble challenged, so I'm eager to try this one out!

Thanks again quiltingcloud!

California Beauty
[ATTACH=CONFIG]28709[/ATTACH]

Rhonda 02-06-2010 09:05 AM

A very pretty little beauty!! Love the flowers and butterflies!

Iluv2quilt 02-06-2010 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
Wow! After seeing all the creativity that went into the quilts for January - following a theme - I begin to wonder if, just for fun, we could do a theme once or twice a year. Not often, I know. There are a lot of independent thinkers on the board :lol: myself included. Having a theme, though, surely did not stifle the creative thinking processes!!

Beautiful quilts!

I so agree with you, there is really not a likely chance (or much of one) that we could duplicate the quilts we make using a theme, is there? Each of the quilts are very different and we used a variety of techniques. It was a bit more fun for me to be challenged on this one.

Mine has not been received yet, it's supposed to be at Tuesy's by today, we'll see, I hope so :D

I really like the latest quilts posted! Great work ladies!

All of the quilts are so inventive and describe what our states are about. I have very much enjoyed this swap, thank you!