Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   January 2010 Doll Quilt Swap PICTURES (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/january-2010-doll-quilt-swap-pictures-t33466.html)

Grama Lehr 01-29-2010 08:15 AM

Ok!! you talked me into it! I signed up! Oh dear! What am I getting into? Yikes!!!

Grama Lehr 01-29-2010 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
Never worry about being a beginner or first-timer. We all enjoy and love each others work. You are probably comparing your worst experience with our finished 'best'. That is like comparing your dirty closet to your best friends sitting room. Please don't. We all appreciate and love each and every piece of work we receive. You are welcome to join in. If you want to 'get your feet wet' and need some experience, pm me and I'll swap with you. We are each learning and growing. I love watching each quilter develop new skills and enjoy doing fun things with fabric. Gwyn

You are such a Sweetie! You would really be getting the short straw!

Gwyn 01-29-2010 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Grama Lehr

Never worry about being a beginner or first-timer. We all enjoy and love each others work. You are probably comparing your worst experience with our finished 'best'. That is like comparing your dirty closet to your best friends sitting room. Please don't. We all appreciate and love each and every piece of work we receive. You are welcome to join in. If you want to 'get your feet wet' and need some experience, pm me and I'll swap with you. We are each learning and growing. I love watching each quilter develop new skills and enjoy doing fun things with fabric. Gwyn

You are such a Sweetie! You would really be getting the short straw!

No I wouldn't. Those first few quilts or blocks made in a quilter's life are treasures. The love, care and concentration that goes into them is in every single stitch. They are absolutely as beautiful as some of the blocks from the practiced members. They are all good.

Gwyn 01-29-2010 10:26 AM

Grama Lehr: How about you and I do an extra exchange this month. There are lots of fun fabrics and designs to use and I would love to see one of your quilts up close....... Send me a pm if you want to swap. Gwyn

Grama Lehr 01-29-2010 10:35 AM

Grama Lehr: How about you and I do an extra exchange this month. There are lots of fun fabrics and designs to use and I would love to see one of your quilts up close....... Send me a pm if you want to swap. Gwyn

I would love to swap with you!! But it will take me ALL of the month of February just to do one. :oops:

Quilt Mom 01-29-2010 10:41 AM

I would love to swap with you!! But it will take me ALL of the month of February just to do one. :oops:

You know, you have all month to work on it and send it out. And February hasn't started yet, so you get a few extra days! Don't be shy. Give it a try! It's really fun. :thumbup:

Grama Lehr 01-29-2010 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom

You know, you have all month to work on it and send it out. And February hasn't started yet, so you get a few extra days! Don't be shy. Give it a try! It's really fun. :thumbup:

I'm gonna give it a shot!!

:( :shock:

mcdaniel023 01-29-2010 01:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got my quilt today. It was made by Barbsbus and it is so cute. I love it. She also sent a potato bag.
Thanks again!!

sandpat 01-29-2010 04:26 PM

Barb...what a cool California quilt! I need to see the quilting...it looks like a whale and.....??

And Grama...so glad you are gonna play with us!

barbsbus 01-29-2010 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Barb...what a cool California quilt! I need to see the quilting...it looks like a whale and.....??

And Grama...so glad you are gonna play with us!

There is a California quail on upper left, poppies upper right, blue whale on bottom left and Calif. bear on bottom right.