Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Just a few things I have been working on. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/just-few-things-i-have-been-working-t139026.html)

Taughtby Grandma 07-21-2011 05:12 PM

Both are really beautiful quilts. Wonderfult work

peabee 07-21-2011 06:34 PM

quilting looks good!

sue in NH 07-22-2011 07:12 PM

Nice work! I'd love to know the name of the panto on the first one - if it is a panto? They both came out very nice!

hunters grammy 07-23-2011 05:45 AM

Great quilting on both quilts - they are really nice. Some people really have that special touch - I haven't done any free-motion quilting yet - it makes me nervous to think about it. I am certified to use a long-arm, but it will probably be a while before I get up the nerve to actually quilt on one of my projects.....

rosemaynes 07-23-2011 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by hunters grammy
Great quilting on both quilts - they are really nice. Some people really have that special touch - I haven't done any free-motion quilting yet - it makes me nervous to think about it. I am certified to use a long-arm, but it will probably be a while before I get up the nerve to actually quilt on one of my projects.....

Just dive in... I had 2 quilts in the beginning that I would put on the table and practice different things on it.... so they looked awful in my eyes but they were just for me to practice on... then I would immediately take that off the table and put on the customers and do what I had just practiced.
Rose

Quilt4u 07-23-2011 05:54 AM

Beautiful

hunters grammy 07-23-2011 06:04 AM

Thanks for the encouragement rosemaynes -- I am going to make me a couple of large sandwiches with the top, batting and backing so I can begin to practice. I think if I'm not actually working on a "real" quilt of mine, I can enjoy and relax and start to believe that I can actually do it. I know I will get to the point of quilting on my projects because I really want to ....and, once I start, knowing me - no telling where I'll go with it ......

rosemaynes 07-23-2011 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by hunters grammy
Thanks for the encouragement rosemaynes -- I am going to make me a couple of large sandwiches with the top, batting and backing so I can begin to practice. I think if I'm not actually working on a "real" quilt of mine, I can enjoy and relax and start to believe that I can actually do it. I know I will get to the point of quilting on my projects because I really want to ....and, once I start, knowing me - no telling where I'll go with it ......

Well here is one more tip.... instead of using up your fabrics I went to my local Ross and thrift store and picked up a quilt top for less then $10. The one that I liked to use the most was all black and I used white thread on it. So I could really see what I was doing. Just a tip and happy quilting.
Rose

hunters grammy 07-23-2011 06:45 AM

That is a great idea - I hadn't even thought about buying a quilt top.....We have a Ross here - I'll have to check it out - Thanks so much!

quiltymom 07-23-2011 07:41 AM

Absolutey wonderful!!!