Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Kaleidoscope projects (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/kaleidoscope-projects-t17706.html)

SewsonSaturday 05-02-2012 10:32 AM

what about making them into pot holders?? ive done a few and everyone seems to like them.

antylu 05-02-2012 11:19 AM

Very nice! The mini ones are so adorable, how about using them as flower heads and add stems and leaves for a hanging or table topper? I will have to try this someday soon, intriquing! Thanks for sharing and also for your instructions and pattern, you are kind. Antylu

lollygagging 05-02-2012 03:56 PM

They would make great mug rugs or hot plates for holiday gifts. The patterns are pretty and year-round. Thanks for sharing.

KeenKountryKreations 01-02-2013 12:07 PM

[QUOTE=Rhonda;308223]I am in progress with these I will applique them onto a tote bag or other small project.

How about using them as the crown for baby bonnets :D

BrendaY 01-02-2013 02:41 PM

Rhonda, I think you should consider selling these! I love to have things like this on hand so I can whip out giftie things fast.. I would then use them on totes or pillows or table toppers, etc... Would save me lots of time! And yet I could make nice gifts..

You could have different categories and colors... Personally I would like some Romantics, some Civil War, some 1930's...

I'm excited about all the possibilities!

Rhonda 02-03-2013 11:31 AM

[QUOTE=KeenKountryKreations;5757256]

Originally Posted by Rhonda (Post 308223)
I am in progress with these I will applique them onto a tote bag or other small project.

How about using them as the crown for baby bonnets :D

Interesting idea! I'm not a seamstress tho. but would love to see one if you make one!

fred singer 02-03-2013 12:28 PM

very nice work

roguequilter 02-03-2013 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by antylu (Post 5188554)
Very nice! The mini ones are so adorable, how about using them as flower heads and add stems and leaves for a hanging or table topper? I will have to try this someday soon, intriquing! Thanks for sharing and also for your instructions and pattern, you are kind. Antylu

the flower head idea makes a really pretty quilt. i have a quilt top made by my grandmother from 30's or 40's not sure but i went to live with her in the early 50's and she was no longer making quilt tops then. but the top she made has dresden plate blocks with brown circle in middle of plates and a long stem. i have never seen another like it and your comment is the first time i have seen someone else come up with the idea. i don't know if gramma got the idea from a friend or if it was her idea. she was a very fun & imaginative sewer...my favorite thing she did was to make a shirt for me with every piece of the garment a different fabric...like a "joseph's coat".

debcavan 02-03-2013 12:41 PM

They are gorgeous. You picked just the perfect fabrics to do the kaleidoscopes with

ailene 02-03-2013 01:16 PM

They are beautiful. I would starch them and maybe make a lining for the underside with pellon iron on glue like they use for applique. You could make table scarves from some of them, the flowers especially, even coasters from the small ones. I bet they would sell like crazy on Ebay, Etsy or somewhere like that or they would make very elegant presents also.