Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   kaleidoscope quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/kaleidoscope-quilt-t17864.html)

Jeannie 03-25-2009 05:28 AM

Wow that is beautiful. Hope we can see the end results!

CathyOh 03-25-2009 06:55 AM

I really LOVE your colors - vibrant contrasts and FUN! Nice job! I haven't done one of these yet, but would love to. I'm inspired to at least try one now! 8)

grandmasue 03-25-2009 11:48 AM

Just love it. The black is perfect. I really want to try one as I collect kaleidoscopes. Any suggestionsfor a book or pattern?

Rhonda 03-25-2009 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by grandmasue
Just love it. The black is perfect. I really want to try one as I collect kaleidoscopes. Any suggestionsfor a book or pattern?

I don't use the whack and stack - I like to fussy cut to get the look I want. You can see my directions on my free teaching site www.bitsnpiecesworkshop.com

There is a copy of my template you can copy off if you would like to try my way. I use a dresden plate shape instead of the triangles .

AtHomeSewing 03-25-2009 12:41 PM

Gorgeous colors, and looks so fun!

mrsjdt 03-25-2009 10:46 PM

WOW---wish I had your talent.

Mousie 03-26-2009 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
well if it's good enough for you, Rhonda, it's good enough for me! How much would you get? I'd probably want to make a lap quilt size.

Thanks, and sorry for leading you into temptation! LOL

K x

wowzers, this is a fascinating and tempting post. I will be honest though, not ready,...but I have bookmarked and gonna do other stuff and wait for new projects that you guys are gonna post (!)...getting my drooler ready as we speak...(in print), lol. :wink:

GailG 03-26-2009 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Marcia
Last Saturday Dawn and I took a kaleidoscope quilt class together. I have 15 of my 30 blocks finished and since it may be a while until I get to the other 15, I wanted to share this part with you.

It is absolutely fascinating to me that you can make so many different blocks out of the same fabric!! (I have a small mind--it does not take a lot to fascinate me :lol: )

I placed my blocks on black fabric for a better contrast. The pink on the left is a fabric I am thinking about incorporating into the border. The floral on the far left is the fabric that all of these blocks are made from!

Marcia, you will never look at a print in the same way --- especially a large print. Since I did a kaleidoscope (from the Stack and Whack book) quilt, I disect prints to see what I could come up with. It's so amazing that you got such different blocks. They are simply beautiful. And setting them on the black is outstanding. :thumbup:

Tippy 03-26-2009 10:10 PM

Wow, that's beautiful!! you've hit on 2 of my addictions... black backgrounds and kaleidoscope designs.. I just finished a lap quilt of 8 pointed stars done from 2 fabrics. Aren't they fun????

Butterflyspain 03-26-2009 11:46 PM

That is just amazing Marcia, I love the way you get such a lot of different blocks from the same fabric.

Elle