Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   KP's memorial quilts....quilted by Charisma (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/kps-memorial-quilts-quilted-charisma-t117104.html)

rosemaynes 04-19-2011 05:49 AM

Charisma you have done a beautiful job, and the piecing is very nice as well.

IBQUILTIN 04-19-2011 06:26 AM

Great work, Char, as always. Those will be wonderful memories

matraina 04-19-2011 06:33 AM

Well, Charisma, don't you get bored with all these complements? How can you top perfection? You both did a beautiful job on the quilts!!!!!

dphelps 04-19-2011 06:37 AM

Wow. Isn't it something how quilting can really change a quilt design? First, the design was very nice and second, as usual, the quilting very nice. The two of you make a good team. What beautiful memorial quilts. :thumbup: :thumbup:

charismah 04-19-2011 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by K.P.

Originally Posted by charismah
KP was asked to make a quilt for her friend. It is made from her deceased husbands shirts. K was able to get 2 quilts made from the shirts and she did a wonderful job. I think these are some of the prettiest memory quilts I have seen....I am honored to be a part of it.

I think all of my designs are pretty simple...I wanted to highlight the shirt material and let that shine and pop out. I also wanted to break up border designs from the center...so different designs in each section..texture. I love texture. I tend to do that with quilting .....and also with my personal fabric choices.

I quilted both of these quilts on my INNOVA. No pantograph or computer quilting.

I used Hobbs polydown batting in both quilts.

Thanks for looking.

Charisma, thanks so much for making these special for my dear friend, I sent the lind her and she is amazed how wonderful they turned out, thanks to your quilting. She is fun to be with and always joking around. After she dried her tears, she said these quilts might be the best memory she has of her husband...your work is wonderful!

Hi Kathy,
As much as I am flattered by the nice compliments it is really YOU who did the work on these quilts. Great Piecing, great patterns and all the hard work of cutting up the shirts and showcasing them in the right ways. I just tried to enhance what you did....They are beautiful and I am glad all your hard work will be cherished as it should.
BLessings!
Charisma

Nan Quilts 04-19-2011 06:48 AM

Your quilting is always so beautiful! The back always looks as beautiful as the front! What an honor to be included in this memory quilt. Hugs. :lol:

fayza 04-19-2011 06:50 AM

That is amazing quilting :)

OKLAHOMA PEACH 04-19-2011 06:56 AM

Beautiful quilts, great work Ladies!

Somebunny 04-19-2011 06:56 AM

Beautiful quilting as always charismah! I love cotton batting, but really like the look you get with the Hobbs Polydown, I'll have to try it.

sash 04-19-2011 07:12 AM

Oh, my goodness. That is just awesome. Beautiful quilt and beautiful quilting.