Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Lake to Lake Guild Quilt Show! (many many photos) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/lake-lake-guild-quilt-show-many-many-photos-t43648.html)

Ditter43 04-24-2010 06:02 AM

What a wonderful display of quilting talent and versitility!! I kept thinking of the many hours spent on each quilt....... Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Ditter

kathy 04-24-2010 07:01 AM

so much creativity! amazing!

judy-fla 04-24-2010 08:50 AM

Wow all that talent in one room amazing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mrsalshhadeh 04-24-2010 09:02 AM

These photos are wonderful!!! i look at these,, and think of the ones I have done,,,, and feel so small. :cry:
But these are an inspiration to me to better myself,,, and start experimenting with different blocks,,, :-D

Belles.hold 04-24-2010 09:23 AM

Thank you, thank you and thank you for bringing a LOT of beauty to this corner of Illinois. It's a dreary, wet and grey day, so the stunning colors of the quilts you so painstakingly produced for our enjoyment is very much appreciated. Did I say thank you? If not, I will now - THANK YOU! Belles

RedGarnet222 04-24-2010 09:25 AM

I really enjoyed this mini quilt show karla. Thanks so much for posting it.

omak 04-24-2010 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
I really enjoyed this mini quilt show karla. Thanks so much for posting it.

Dittoes! It just does my heart so good to see all that beauty and talent, and to have you take time to take pictures and load them up on a thread for us ... why! That is almost as good as being there, but by golly! We do miss the hugs, don't we? <wave> Thank you for sharing.

barnbum 04-24-2010 02:13 PM

Got the quilts back--safe and sound. ;) I have comments from a judge--but no numbers were used--so they're just critiques, I guess. Some comments to learn by. I'll post them in Main since they'll get buried here. Maybe they'll help someone else!

We were all sitting waiting for the quilts to be ready, and I asked the nice lady next to me which quilt was hers--that I'd try to remember. Hers was the cabin one!! :shock: :lol: I told her I thought she'd win Viewer's Choice if the forum gals were voting. :-D She bought a kit because she didn't think she could find just the right colors/fabrics. When she was appliquéing the canoe on, her machine goofed up and made a knot--and a little hole. So she added feathers. I have to go back to look. :lol:

Oh--and you're so welcome for taking the time to post. I kept trying to read minds--hmmm--someone will want a close up of this one... and this one. Ha-ha. I love to see quilt show posts--so I'm making my annual contribution.

Oh--the Viewer's Choice quilts will be announced later and will be posted on their website.... I'll check it now and then and let you know which ones won.

IrishNY 04-24-2010 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by barnbum

Originally Posted by IrishNY
Karla,

Where exactly is the show? And does the Geneseo sweatshirt you're wearing in the picture mean you have a kid there? Me too.

Beautiful quilts - all of them including yours. Thanks for sharing.

The show is at Marcus Whitman High School and yes I have a daughter at Geneseo!! She's a bio/psych major--one more year to go. Who do you have there???

Sent you a PM.

craftybear 04-24-2010 05:37 PM

wow, thanks for sharing, love the quilts!