Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Lake to Lake Guild Quilt Show! (many many photos) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/lake-lake-guild-quilt-show-many-many-photos-t43648.html)

barnbum 04-25-2010 05:20 AM

sandpat--they haven't posted the winners on their website yet.

sandpat 04-25-2010 05:35 AM

oh, ok.....I'm just not so patiently waiting....*tapping fingers on the desk* :lol: :lol:

barnbum 04-25-2010 05:44 AM

Ha-ha--I know.

Here was my email to one of the guild members:

Hello--
I was at the quilt show today and WOW what a fabulous job the guild has done putting it on. Everything is beautifully set-up, everyone is friendly, the vendors have fabulous items, and the quilts were of such a variety. And lunch was unbelievable--what a delicious deal!! Can you tell I had a good time? :-)

My question is if I pick my quilts up tomorrow at 5, how will I know which two quilts won the Viewer's Choice? I took pictures of nearly every quilt to share with a quilting forum, and all of us would love to know who won that honor. When I come at 5:00 will I be able to find this out? Or do I need to come before the show ends to see them?

Thanks!

And her reply:

Sorry Karla, I no longer have access to my email every day, however, I do not believe we knew that info at 5 pm yesterday, however, I can email you when I find out, I will go to the library and check email about 3 times a week, until I get a new computer on line at home...
Show was a lot of work, and we are tired, but I am truly thankful that you sent this, it is nice to know you liked it enough to share, I am going to forward your comments to the other two co-chairs... we are feeling good about this one....

Zephyr 04-25-2010 05:57 AM

What a treat for a beautiful Sunday morning. I have looked once but I'll be back several more times to see such a great variety of quilts. Thanks for sharing.

kygirl 04-25-2010 06:08 AM

Oh, my goodness, beautiful quilts--I want them all. thank you for sharing your pics.

charvan 04-25-2010 06:10 AM

Beautiful quilts. Thanks for sharing.

stitchinwitch 04-25-2010 06:50 AM

[quote=barnbum]Which is the bluish/turquoise one? The paper pieced star??

Yeahhh Its like an elongated pineapple! Love it! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

GrammaNan 04-25-2010 08:00 AM

Thanks for sharing these pictures, the quilts are amazing. Quiltfest is coming to Denver next weekend and I am going to go. It will be my first quilt show. My husband and son are going with me....gasp!!! I don't know if it is for my protection or to keep me from spending too much money??? I am nowhere near the level of quilter these ladies are so I have to be careful not to get discouraged. I am going with the intent of getting inspiration and motivation.

juststart 04-25-2010 09:18 AM

Super photos! Glad you posted the pictures to share.

Nancy in Louisiana 04-25-2010 09:24 AM

Thank you so much for sharing - I'm bummed because I never seem to plan our vacation trip home at the right time to catch some of these shows. Last year I missed the one in Rochester by ONE DAY!!! Any shows coming up the beginning of June that you know of?