Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   a landscape, work in progress (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/landscape-work-progress-t25387.html)

Mousie 09-12-2009 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
Oh my goodness... that is absolutely amazing! Look at all the work, lucky there's no time limit! ;-)
Dude, that is looking sensational, it's going to be stunning when it's done!

Can anyone join in this challenge?

Blue, since Cutie is not here, she would be ecstatic for any and all to join in...but she sure posted the bar high, didn't she? :D

cutebuns 09-12-2009 01:26 PM

Oh my goodness... that is absolutely amazing! Look at all the work, lucky there's no time limit! ;-)

Anyone and everyone can join the challenge, I encourage any that wants to do it that they jump in with both feet. So far Ninnie, Ducky and Amma are supposed to be doing it. I am apparently the one that is most nuts and have started before everyone else.

Ninnie 09-12-2009 01:28 PM

Please feel free to join in, it is just for fun, but I think we will get a large variety of looks, and to see how each of us sees the picture. I had the picture for a long time, and always thought it would make a beautiful landscape, but having never done one, hadn't tried. Now Cutebuns has really challenged us and what a stunner hers is.
I feel so out of my league with her master piece, but I am going to try, and I hope lots more join in the fun! :D :D

BlueChicken 09-12-2009 01:34 PM

I made a landscape for the last doll quilt swap, and really enjoyed it. For the longest time I've been wanting to do something similar.... working from a photo taken at our bach (kind of a beach house). It's on a very remote and wild coastline, and I have heaps of stunning photos.

Cutebuns has definitely set that bar wayyyyyyy higher than I can reach, all those tiny pieces are very intimidating. But the overall look is SO worth it!

Butterflyspain 09-12-2009 01:39 PM

WOW beautiful picture and what a great job, what size are all those little stack and whacks they loock titchy.

Elle

cutebuns 09-12-2009 02:00 PM

The only bar I set was how nuts one can be and still stand upright on occasion. No one and I mean no one that wants to do it let what I did stop you from doing it and or posting it. I have never seen a landscape done like this, you will have to let me know if there is one or more out there. I still don't have any idea where the idea came from to do it like this.

So one and all come and participate, even if you only encourage those that want to do it.

I had wanted to do a landscape for a while, just didn't know where to start or anything, jumped on poor Ninnie there when she showed us her picture. I didn't think that I would be doing it so soon, just worked out that way.

The strips for it are cut at 1 3/4 and 6 go in per block, I always want to call it a square, but it is anything but square.

Ducky 09-12-2009 02:10 PM

CB, You've outdone yourself, lady. That is simply gorgeous and so very creative. Very well done and Bravo!

Darlene 09-12-2009 02:17 PM

I saw a similar one on Fons and Porter this morning. They used black tulle over the top of it. -It was beautiful as I am sure yours will be.

mcdaniel023 09-12-2009 02:26 PM

Cutebuns, you rock! That is awesome.

cutebuns 09-12-2009 02:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you so much everyone, I am pecking t the pieces and they are getting done, It won't be too long now before they are all in strips, My mom did some pressing so that is part way done and then the strips will go together fairly fast, I then need to decide on borders as it has to grow in size and now other way to do it.

Some of you are going to ohh and ahhh over the help, but all felt was fear seeing this. Good thing that there isn't as many loose pieces as there once was.