Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   large print fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/large-print-fabric-t67936.html)

ccb2200 10-04-2010 07:21 AM

I just made a quilt with this fabric and the coordinating fabrics that go with it. I haven't gotten it quilted yet. The pattern I used you can download free from the Clothworks website. It is called Happy Camper Too.

woody1229 10-04-2010 07:21 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Another idea: fussy cut the fabric into strips, and alternate them with other outdoorsy strips for the front of the quilt.

I did something similar for a train quilt I'm making for my son. I cut the trains to look like they were running across the quilt. I added strips of railroad tracks, a mountain scene (inspired by Sedona AZ) and a 'stream.' (I posted this top some time ago, and I've been hand-quilted it forEVER, in between a lot of other projects!)

klgreene 10-04-2010 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by QUILT4JOY

Originally Posted by cwo3112
I would fussy cut the campers and incorporate them in a block. Like having them for the center of the block, and then have something like a grass fabric around the sides.

This is what I thought too. Make a square for each RV and then applique the RV to the block. Great Fabric by the way. :idea:

My thoughta exactly. Cute fabric!

pieces 10-04-2010 09:32 AM

This print is too large to make pieced blocks out of. you would loose too much of the theme.
Use it for backing fabric.

tadpoles_62 10-04-2010 11:00 AM

i also think i would fussy cut the campers and use fabric with grass or rocks , i love the fabric

Baloonatic 10-04-2010 12:05 PM

Put a grassy border on one side, mountains on a second border, beach on a third and a bit of forest on the fourth side!

For a different layout, how about making large squares, cutting them from lower corner to upper center (both sides), and reassembling them on the opposite sides so that the blocks are all on point. Anyone know the name of this technique? It's super easy.

Oh here's one I've almost finished, another way to showcase a theme fabric you might no want to cut:

Baloonatic 10-04-2010 12:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a star In The Corner

Star InTheCorner
[ATTACH=CONFIG]111665[/ATTACH]

sewlo 10-04-2010 01:50 PM

wow this is beautiful!!

PEP 10-04-2010 01:51 PM

What fun fabric. Suggestion: fussy cut several campers.
Using an earth tone solid, green, beige, place them in a rather large circle, you know like a wagon train shown on old westerns. then using your appliqué skills, put a camp-fire in the center with logs, a few fishing poles with the woven fish baskets (can't remember the name of these).
Maybe some people cut-outs if can find or just silhouettes,
add trees and birds, a sun, clouds, a hammock, a lake or stream, let your imagination take the reigns! No matter what you do it's bound to be fun!

nanagammy 10-04-2010 02:50 PM

I actually have the same fabric and a pattern with other coordinating fabric. In my pattern they actually fancy the campers.If you want to know more drop me an email