Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   MY" New Orleans Puzzle" Star Spin? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my%22-new-orleans-puzzle%22-star-spin-t62716.html)

kathleen phegley 09-06-2010 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by charvan
Could not get it with 'luv2quilt' as the password. Maybe wrong site.

You have to use all CAPITOL LETTERS to get the Strata Star in the password.

nldoonan 09-07-2010 07:40 AM

I have made one of these also, and it was called New Orleans Puzzle. I loved making it. Yours look really nice. Great job!

Pat G 09-07-2010 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Julie in NM
Printing as I type. Thanks gals!...I think. Another pattern add to the never ending list of projects. Pat, I printed out your suggestions, too. Now just have to hunt for fab.

Good, I'm glad you did. I'm seeing people suggest how easy it looks but if you don't take the precautions I mentioned, you will get into trouble & not have a strip set big enough for your templates.

Looking for fabric can be really fun, too, but I can change my plan 3 or 4 times as I come across a new fabric (or color scheme) I decide to use. That's when I suggest to my friends when they ask me to help them choose fabrics, just lay out what you think you want then walk away around the corner away from them. Then when you look at them again, you'll know if you want every one you had pulled. Almost doesn't matter what you choose, they seem to always turn out great.

One more thing I hadn't mentioned, I do mine pillow case style instead of using a binding.

I can't get over how widespread this pattern is & how many names it's known as.

postal packin' mama 09-09-2010 09:39 AM

what does 'pillowcase style' mean? cuz binding those shapes could get tricky... Thanks.

sylvia77 09-09-2010 02:38 PM

Charvan, I was able to get the pattern too! Remember, everyone, post pictures when done! I also was able to download for free, didn't even know there was a charge until I started reading your posts here.

Pat G 09-09-2010 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by postal packin' mama
what does 'pillowcase style' mean? cuz binding those shapes could get tricky... Thanks.

With pillowcase style, there is no binding. You layer it with batting, bottom fabric on the batting right side up, then you put the top with right side down on the bottom pc. You sew it all around the outside edge but leave an opening for turning inside out. You trim the corners then carefully push out the corners (from the inside). Then stitch the opening closed. It doesn't take a very big opening. Then I press it lightly to smooth it out. I then stitch in the ditch on all seams. Then I stitch 1/4" around the outside. It's a very neat way to put it together. I sure hope this makes sense.

rsmomx3 09-12-2010 05:33 PM

I made this table topper for my Grandaughter in Black and White and it turned out really nice. She just loved it

denilynne 09-12-2010 06:30 PM

Those are really beautiful, i really really don't need to add to my to do list, oh well maybe just one more lol. great job

kacy 49 09-17-2010 01:32 PM

Wow I love it. The colors are so beautiful. You did good!!

0tis 09-18-2010 08:56 AM

Ok - I tried the link but didn't work - maybe I missed a step - there is no where to type a password and it just shows a picture - perhaps the free period expired. Help...