Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My "Bookcase" from the Monthy Quilting Bee Block Exchange (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-%22bookcase%22-monthy-quilting-bee-block-exchange-t93578.html)

Ms Grace 01-25-2011 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by 2 Doods
I finished it up and just LOVE it! I had to hunt for the wood grain to make the shelves. I found it in Sisters.

Thanks to Moosegirl, Star, BeachLady, Quiltingnonie, Norbanaquilts, Missgigglewings, Tink121272, Goldendog55, Bibliostone, Sulabug, SewJoyce, and Amma. Hope I got everyone--If I missed you let me know so I can make sure you get on the label. THANK YOU ladies for the wonderful Jars!

I added a fish bowl, some books and a tea pot to fill in. This one is MINE. I used flannel on the back and plan on snuggling in for the winter!

This is the cutest jar quilt I've seen.
Beautiful! :-)

It's going on my to-do list

Tweety2911 01-25-2011 10:04 AM

I love it!! Beautiful.

moosegirl 01-25-2011 10:29 AM

Glad to see the piece put together and the nice variety of things in your jars. Super job! Moosegirl

JoyjoyMarie 01-25-2011 10:42 AM

Terrific quilt. Good to keep one once in a while too!

2 Doods 01-25-2011 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by TwiceBlessed
That is just too nice..looks authenic like a wooden cupboard. Guess that was the intent. Your own design or a pattern? I am into Roosters and Hen and Chicks. Have a good dya..
Good Job, thanks for sharing.Linda

I checked out pictures on the internet but didn't follow a pattern. I had to trim and add to even up the rows. I figured out a height-the top shelf is a little shorter and the bottom is a little taller - to give the jars room. I cut the shelves as 3 inch strips and the sides and top as 4 inch strips making sure the grain of the "wood" goes the way real wood does.

Hens and Chicks....you could make a chicken coop. Chicken wire and wood, it would be really cute.

fabric lover 01-25-2011 01:55 PM

Lovely, this quilt made me smile, it remembered me of my mothers preserves.

2 Doods 01-25-2011 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by grammy17

Originally Posted by amma
I LOVE your quilt!! What a great variety of jar blocks, love the other additions too :D:D:D

I love it so much!!!! I'm bookmarking it when I get ready to do my chef quilt.

What and where is Sisters? I need that woodgrain fabric.

Sisters is a little town here in Oregon that has a huge quilt show each July where they hang quilts all over town. I found the fabric at the quilt shop there. (The Stitching Post)

The wood grain fabric is Modascapes by Moda Classic
Pattern # 15630

Maybe you can find it online if your local shop doesn't have any.

pamesue 01-25-2011 02:17 PM

that is cool

obie2 01-25-2011 03:25 PM

Kooooolll!!

debbieoh 01-25-2011 03:38 PM

Love it. And the wood grain fabric WOW! where did you find it? I have never seen it before