Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My "French Braid" Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-%22french-braid%22-quilt-t1684.html)

amma 10-06-2007 10:35 PM

WOW, I am awestruck, what a gorgeous quilt :D :D :D Love all the colors and the design. You should be proud of yourself :D :D :D

judy_68 10-07-2007 04:25 AM

How do you see the picture of the quilt? I don't see a link in you post.
Judy

lin 10-07-2007 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by judy_68
How do you see the picture of the quilt? I don't see a link in you post.
Judy

Hi Judy. I'm not sure what you're seeing from your computer, but I posted the picture again, just above. I didn't post a link. You should be able to see it in the post. I'm sorry, I'm not good with computers, so I don't know what the problem might be. :(

lin 10-07-2007 07:07 AM

Thank you very much amma! :)

judy_68 10-07-2007 07:30 AM

I see it now. Im not great with computers either. Still learning.
I love the quilt.
Judy

lin 10-07-2007 07:58 AM

Oh good Judy. I'm glad you were able to see it. :)

I've been doing message boards for awhile now, and I still don't know how to work this darn thing! LOL Thank goodness for a kind husband who doesn't mind helping me over, and over, and over....again. :lol:

Diamonds 10-07-2007 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by lin
I just got back from the Quilt Congress in Little Rock and we spent the whole day yesterday visiting the local quilt stores and I saw this same quilt in one of them, all done up in Christmas colors. It was fabulous!!

We also went to see one of the quilts I've hand-quilted and won a blue ribbon for, hanging in the Capitol Museum. It was thrilling to see it there, hanging with so many other incredible quilts! I got to meet Margaret Miller (she was our guest speaker) and she's a really sweet and funny lady. I bought a package of her AnglePlay templates with patterns, and I can't wait to get started on one. They're really neat!! She's also one of the judges for the quilt show at the museum. Even if the quilt doesn't win a prize, it was juried in so it gets to hang there for the next six months. I'm so pleased. :)

Lin, I am about 2 hours from Little Rock.. I would love to know when things come to this area.. I am in the S.W. area and out in the boonies :lol: So I do not have an avenue for info.. I would have loved to have been there..

I do love the quilt.. It is beautiful...

lin 10-07-2007 02:39 PM

You're welcome Loretta. No problem. Thank you for the nice compliment. :)

Aw, I wish you could have known Diamonds!! You would have had so much fun. I live a little over 3 hours from there. We went down the day before so we could hit some quilt stores along the way (go figure!! :lol: ) but we came home that same night. The next AR Congress is scheduled for next Oct. 4th in Mountain Home, AR. Mary Ellen Hopkins is will be the guest speaker!!! I wouldn't want to miss her. I hear she's a real hoot! :lol: It will be presented by Hill 'n Holler Quilters Guild in Mt. Home and a couple of others. I'll pm you the rest of the info, ok? I'd love to meet you there next year. It would be a bit of a drive for you, about 4 hours maybe?...but well worth it if you can find a friend or two to share the gas and hotel expenses.

Diamonds 10-07-2007 04:18 PM

Thanks Lin I appreciate it... I will look forward to next years activities :lol:

Celeste 10-07-2007 05:10 PM

It's dazzling! Did you or your DIL or both pick the colors? That part really intimidates me.