Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My bag of 2.5" "blah" blocks (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-bag-2-5-blah-blocks-t204963.html)

Lori S 11-03-2012 09:23 AM

WOW WEEE!!! Just an impressive amount of piecing and sewing...( and I might add .. and impressive amount of scraps) you truley were consumed by modivation and inspiration. Lovey quilts all of them!

ScrapQuilter 11-03-2012 09:47 AM

Very nice quilts - great way to use up your scraps.

justflyingin 11-03-2012 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by needles3thread (Post 5631771)
What a creative mind you have. I specially like #'s 11 & 12.

My son said that those "mess with his mind". :)

RedGarnet222 11-03-2012 10:01 AM

I am absolutly amazed at the amount of nice quilts that you have been able to make in this amount of time! WOW.

justflyingin 11-03-2012 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by JoanneS (Post 5631947)
WOW! I'm curious how you wound up with so many 2-1/2" squares. Do you cut them from scraps as you finish quilts?

I have a whole bag of scraps leftover from backing quilts (or should I say multiple bags). Also, I've been the wonderful recipient of a lot of scraps type of fabric. I cut them into strips and squares as per the Bonnie Hunter method (except I don't do bricks). Then, I try to make something with them. Since we have a charitable organization, it is a constant need. We give quilts to poor people and single moms or just working poor who need them.

Last year alone I did 80 quilts (all bed sized). This year it is fewer, but I've finished over 20 this fall--but have a lot of tops waiting to be finished. I'm not embarrassed by that as I made tops when I didn't have batting. We give out a lot of these quilts over Christmas time...so I need to finish them soon so I can focus on my own family. ;)

But the bag of squares was large! It took literally several hours to sew them together the first time and I can sew with much concentration and I chain stitch and have a Janome 7700.

jojosnana 11-03-2012 10:06 AM

Holy Toledo you need to rest! I can't believe what you have accomplished with scraps....amazing.

lfstamper 11-03-2012 10:10 AM

HOLY COW! You have your own scrappy slide show - great job on all of them!

barny 11-03-2012 10:27 AM

Golly, all of your quilts are beautiful. It would take me from September to now to figure out how to make one quilt!. You are a wonderful sewer. Your concentration MUST BE VERY GOOD. Barny

DebraK 11-03-2012 10:29 AM

you are my hero ;-) I absolutely love the red star sashing.

Tothill 11-03-2012 10:43 AM

Wow I am amazed. After seeing the 16th quilt top I had to go back and check the date you started. I was thinking you must have started in Sept 2011 not this year.

You have done incredible work and have shown that a 2.5 inch square can look so incredibly different depending on how you use them.