Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Blue & White Star Swap Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-blue-white-star-swap-quilt-t18885.html)

Marcia 04-12-2009 07:12 PM

Melissa--your quilt came out great!! I am so impressed that you have it finished already!!

I showed it to Pete and he said "Wow! Is yours going to look that good?" Maybe I should have kept this thread to myself--now he expects creativity out of me!!!

mgshaw 04-12-2009 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Marcia
Melissa--your quilt came out great!! I am so impressed that you have it finished already!!

I showed it to Pete and he said "Wow! Is yours going to look that good?" Maybe I should have kept this thread to myself--now he expects creativity out of me!!!

Yours is going to be gorgeous too! How could it not be with all these beautiful blocks we got?

gcathie 04-12-2009 08:51 PM

Oh my gosh you made the blocks look so good.....What a lovely way to display them......

I know exactly how you feel....when I show my quilt I just beam with the friendship I have made as I tell my story of this quilt....people just can't believe the workmanship and the people from all over coming together to do such a beautiful quilt.....Thanks to all who have participated in doing and putting this project together ....I too will cherish my quilt!.....:-)

Butterflyspain 04-12-2009 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce

Originally Posted by mgshaw

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
Are "we" doing a block swap again anytime soon????? Would love to join in the next time...

Elle is going to organize a flower block swap soon. It should be fun too!!!!

Hope I don't miss the post!!!!!

You won´t. will PM you if you do. Elle :D

Izy 04-12-2009 11:58 PM

Melissa, you have created a beautiful quilt, I can see how much you have thought out the placement of each block to balance the design & colours perfectly. The applique is perfection WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

barnbum 04-13-2009 02:21 AM

That is so beautiful. You did a great job getting all the stars together.

KGoodhand 04-13-2009 04:36 AM

Amazing! I love the way you put just a touch of yellow! :D
I am still working on putting mine together! I can only hope I can do the stars justice like you did! Absolutely beautiful!
Kendra

Bevanger 04-13-2009 06:10 AM

that is one gorgeous quilt

mgshaw 04-13-2009 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Izy
Melissa, you have created a beautiful quilt, I can see how much you have thought out the placement of each block to balance the design & colours perfectly. The applique is perfection WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

I did try to get them laid out where the like colors werent next to each other. But I got my bottom row backwards, the two with blue backgrounds werent meant to be that close together. But of course I didnt notice it until I had posted the picture so its there to stay now!!!!! :D

Debbie1 04-13-2009 08:10 AM

Simply Beautiful! What a treasure!