Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My crumb/crazy quilt is finished - and I love it!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-crumb-crazy-quilt-finished-i-love-t7245.html)

Karenmay 05-19-2008 02:47 AM

You sure did Izy....I'm proud of you!!....lol!
I'm feeling much better although the shoulder is still giving me some gip. I cant sew for very long at a time but I hate sitting around twiddling my thumbs, so Ive at least come up with a way of KNITTING quite comfortably! I prop up my right arm on 4 cushions, and they carry the weight of my arm.......so far ive knitted myself a cardigan and Ive just started a little jacket for my yet-to-be-born great grandaughter!!
Luckily I'd already made her a couple of quilts when she was just a tadpole!

Karen xx

collettakay 05-19-2008 04:26 AM

Awesome job! Isn't it a great feeling?

Izy 05-19-2008 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Karenmay
You sure did Izy....I'm proud of you!!....lol!
I'm feeling much better although the shoulder is still giving me some gip. I cant sew for very long at a time but I hate sitting around twiddling my thumbs, so Ive at least come up with a way of KNITTING quite comfortably! I prop up my right arm on 4 cushions, and they carry the weight of my arm.......so far ive knitted myself a cardigan and Ive just started a little jacket for my yet-to-be-born great grandaughter!!
Luckily I'd already made her a couple of quilts when she was just a tadpole!

Karen xx

Karen - I am glad that you are on the mend...sort of!! At least you have managed to overcome the restricitons and found some way to be creative...I can't imagine what I used to do with my time before I took up quilting....ooooohhhhh yes I do..I used to have a very clean and tidy house, and a huge garden without a weed in sight..Ohhh and my plants never lacked water or attention..... :? :? :roll: :lol:

judee0624 05-19-2008 08:14 AM

:D A great job! I love it too! The sashing is a great print to set off the blocks. I am truly inspired!
judee

JCL in FL 05-19-2008 09:00 PM

it is so bright. Love the color. You did a good job

jbsstrawberry 05-19-2008 09:27 PM

That is way cute!!! You did a beautiful job!! Your little nephew is just gonna love it!!

johnette 05-20-2008 05:33 PM

Beautiful quilt. I love the cat fabric you used.

treasurelady 05-20-2008 07:22 PM

Your quilt is the perfect size. He'll be using it until it falls apart. I can see him learning to walk, dragging it behind him. You'll have to replace the binding several times before it finally wears out!!!

Linda

DA Mayer 05-20-2008 07:34 PM

That is way too cute. you should send it my way so I can look at it in person to see if it is as nice as the pictures show.

Dorothy of Kansas 05-21-2008 02:35 PM

Izy, it's BEAUTIFUL!!! I love your colors - so vibrant and rich. Also thanks, again for the tutorial!!! Dorothy of KS