Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My dad's Christmas Quilt, 'storm at sea' (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-dads-christmas-quilt-storm-sea-t32111.html)

Baren*eh*ked_canadian 12-23-2009 10:50 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Ok, so the borders are on, but I'm out of basting spray, so I have to go back to the store... *sigh*

quiltingcloud 12-23-2009 11:44 AM

You have done a wonderful job your dad will be so proud to have it.
Dar

mpspeedy 12-23-2009 03:05 PM

You did a great job. I understand that is a difficult pattern. I hope your Dad really appreciates your work.

wesing 12-23-2009 03:19 PM

Very nice! This is probably my favorite pattern - I want to make one someday, but it is still way down the list. Thanks for posting inspiration for the rest of us!

Darren

Moonpi 12-23-2009 03:32 PM

Looks great, love the warm colors.

Baren*eh*ked_canadian 12-24-2009 08:46 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok, it's officially finished!!!
I worked late last night and got up early this morning to finish it, it's nearly noon and I still have shopping to do and wrapping too...*sigh*

ranger 12-24-2009 10:00 AM

What a great gift for your Dad. He'll love it.

Sarah CA 12-24-2009 10:05 AM

Wow, it is absolutely beautiful!! I know you designed the pattern to your own specifications, but where could I just buy the pattern? Does anyone know by chance? I could never do it on my own without a specific pattern. I am so impressed....Great job and very luck Dad. My Dad passed away a couple years ago, but if he was still here, I would definitely make this one for him. He was a professional fisherman, so "Storm at Sea' would have been very appropriate.
Thanks everyone, for all your sharing and help.
Sarah in CA

Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian
I worked late last night and got up early this morning to finish it, it's nearly noon and I still have shopping to do and wrapping too...*sigh*

Baren*eh*ked_canadian 12-24-2009 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Sarah CA
Wow, it is absolutely beautiful!! I know you designed the pattern to your own specifications, but where could I just buy the pattern? Does anyone know by chance? I could never do it on my own without a specific pattern. I am so impressed....Great job and very luck Dad. My Dad passed away a couple years ago, but if he was still here, I would definitely make this one for him. He was a professional fisherman, so "Storm at Sea' would have been very appropriate.
Thanks everyone, for all your sharing and help.
Sarah in CA

Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian

I have no idea where you could buy the pattern but there are a bunch of places online where you can just get the templates and instructions for free :) Just google storm at sea quilt pattern, or instructions of something :p

amma 12-24-2009 11:12 PM

You have done a beautiful job on this!!! I love the colors :D:D:D