Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Duckies so far (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-duckies-so-far-t21623.html)

Bevanger 06-22-2009 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
Those ducks are soooo cute!!! How long does it take to embroider one? That is one lucky 'someday' grandbaby!

THANK YOU..Oh gosh. I got 2 done yesterday cuz I spent most of the day watching CMT ( Video countdown, Can You Duet, and singing Bee) I was lazy yesterday. BUT hey I got alot done on the ducks lol. Sometimes it takes me a few days. Just depends on whats going on. :D

Joan 06-22-2009 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by thstarfish
Bev,
They are great. I also love to do hand embroidery. I find it relaxing, but like everything else, hard to find time to do it. I need to better schedule my time to have time to do the things I like. I feel the machine embroidery is somehow "cheating". No one come back and yell at me. The maching embroidery is absolutely beautiful, just not for me.

No offense to all the machine embroidery fans out there but I have to agree.It seems to be more learning to use the machine than an actual skill. I also have to add that like you Bev, I find hand embroidery soooo relaxing and even found out I could do it in the car (no not while "I'm driving). Love the duckies, too!

MaineGirl76 06-22-2009 06:39 AM

Oh my gosh, those are the cutest duckies ever! Great job!

cutebuns 06-22-2009 06:43 AM

Having your ducks in a row is an expression, I am not sure where it came from or how old it is, my mom talks of a day when her ducks will be in a row or trying to get them there, generally it is meaning being organized. You are ready to go if your ducks are in a row.

Bevanger 06-22-2009 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Joan

Originally Posted by thstarfish
Bev,
They are great. I also love to do hand embroidery. I find it relaxing, but like everything else, hard to find time to do it. I need to better schedule my time to have time to do the things I like. I feel the machine embroidery is somehow "cheating". No one come back and yell at me. The maching embroidery is absolutely beautiful, just not for me.

No offense to all the machine embroidery fans out there but I have to agree.It seems to be more learning to use the machine than an actual skill. I also have to add that like you Bev, I find hand embroidery soooo relaxing and even found out I could do it in the car (no not while "I'm driving). Love the duckies, too!

Thanks kiddo. Yes you can do in in the car. Smart not to embroider & Drive LOL

Bevanger 06-22-2009 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by MaineGirl76
Oh my gosh, those are the cutest duckies ever! Great job!

Awwwwwww thank You

Bevanger 06-22-2009 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by cutebuns
Having your ducks in a row is an expression, I am not sure where it came from or how old it is, my mom talks of a day when her ducks will be in a row or trying to get them there, generally it is meaning being organized. You are ready to go if your ducks are in a row.

Ahhhhhhhh Ok gottcha. I never heard that one, but its too cute not to forget

gaigai 06-22-2009 07:55 AM

Those are so cute!!!

Debbie1 06-22-2009 07:56 AM

Just Ducky! They're really cute!

Bevanger 06-22-2009 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by gaigai
Those are so cute!!!

thank you