Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Duckies so far (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-duckies-so-far-t21623.html)

Ducky 06-22-2009 08:39 AM

Bev, what a great job - they made me smile! My little namesakes are perfect! :lol: :lol: :lol: And thanks for the information on them -- I'd love to get the iron ons and do them.

That is such a nice memory -- stitching with your mother. All my embroidery and quilting is by myself (in a separate room because I can't concentrate when the TV is going. For some reason, though, I need to have my mp3 player on.) Seems like I always take my big bag of stitching when I have to wait in a Dr's office, hospital waiting room, etc. When I Dad was dying, I would sit beside him, day after day, cross stitching an Amish quilt picture. It's the only piece I've never given away.

Bevanger 06-22-2009 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Ducky
Bev, what a great job - they made me smile! My little namesakes are perfect! :lol: :lol: :lol: And thanks for the information on them -- I'd love to get the iron ons and do them.

That is such a nice memory -- stitching with your mother. All my embroidery and quilting is by myself (in a separate room because I can't concentrate when the TV is going. For some reason, though, I need to have my mp3 player on.) Seems like I always take my big bag of stitching when I have to wait in a Dr's office, hospital waiting room, etc. When I Dad was dying, I would sit beside him, day after day, cross stitching an Amish quilt picture. It's the only piece I've never given away.

THANKS HUN.... Everytime I see your Avitar I smile cuz I had to look at it to see what yellow & orange to use.

Adelaide Girl 06-22-2009 10:21 PM

Your embroidery is exquisite! And you do this by hand? WOW is all I can say.

Bevanger 06-23-2009 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by Adelaide Girl
Your embroidery is exquisite! And you do this by hand? WOW is all I can say.

thank you and yes, i do by hand

Billie G 06-23-2009 04:47 AM

Bev-sorry to mislead you. Yes "gettimng my duckys in a row" means getting it all together.

Here's another one " I finally got it together, but forgot where I put it". That one also fits me. LOL.

You do such beautiful hand work & I am envious of you.

Do you find that the transfer fades quite fast? It seems that the ones I do, fade on me. Maybe because I stamp them all, & it will take me a while to get back to it?? like several months, or sometimes years?? Have started t towels stamped w/ dishes, probably, hum let me try & remember, about 5 yrs ago, & now I can barely see the transfer. Am afraid to press too hard on design, as I MIGHT want to reuse, someday. Does that make a difference??

DH #1 taught me to embrodery, & I also find it relaxing. Now counted cross stitch is something else. I just can't figure it out. So I send it to my lil sis, she does it for me & she keeps the pattern. Works for us!!!!

Bevanger 06-23-2009 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by Billie G
Bev-sorry to mislead you. Yes "gettimng my duckys in a row" means getting it all together.

Here's another one " I finally got it together, but forgot where I put it". That one also fits me. LOL.

You do such beautiful hand work & I am envious of you.

Do you find that the transfer fades quite fast? It seems that the ones I do, fade on me. Maybe because I stamp them all, & it will take me a while to get back to it?? like several months, or sometimes years?? Have started t towels stamped w/ dishes, probably, hum let me try & remember, about 5 yrs ago, & now I can barely see the transfer. Am afraid to press too hard on design, as I MIGHT want to reuse, someday. Does that make a difference??

DH #1 taught me to embrodery, & I also find it relaxing. Now counted cross stitch is something else. I just can't figure it out. So I send it to my lil sis, she does it for me & she keeps the pattern. Works for us!!!!

You didn't mislead me. I'd just never heard it, but love it. Um I normally don't Stamp anything until I'm ready to work on them. As far as fading. Gosh, I've never had that happen, but then I usually do them up right away. I start a new transfer light then each time I use it after that I press a bit longer. THEN if its too light from too many uses, I go over it with a HOT IRON TRANSFER PENCIL, then I can reuse it. I learned to cross stitch yrs ago. i love it. i hope i answered your questions hun :D

Billie G 06-23-2009 05:20 AM

LOL. Now I think I will wash the UNdone ones & start over. They were to be a Christmas gift. LOOOONG over due huh?

Thanks for the tip.

kwhite 06-23-2009 05:34 AM

Bev beautiful work. I love the old fashioned transfer work. I just "inherited" a bunch of really old transfers that I will never use. If you would use them I would love to send them to you.

Bevanger 06-23-2009 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Billie G
LOL. Now I think I will wash the UNdone ones & start over. They were to be a Christmas gift. LOOOONG over due huh?

Thanks for the tip.

Your so very welcome. Christmas huh? Welllllllllll you can make for next one.

Bevanger 06-23-2009 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by kwhite
Bev beautiful work. I love the old fashioned transfer work. I just "inherited" a bunch of really old transfers that I will never use. If you would use them I would love to send them to you.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE. Oh I'd love you forever & ever. LOL well you know what I mean. I'll PM you my addy