Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt !! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-farmers-wife-sampler-quilt-t226726.html)

QuiltE 02-28-2014 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Keaghank (Post 6601177)
oh my gosh - I just started the Farmer's Wife quilt last weekend!

Enjoy the process!!!
............ I know I did!

Are you doing it as a specific colour/fabric theme? Or scrappy? or?

Blue Bell 02-28-2014 04:06 PM

I am well on my way. I need to make 3 more blocks. I am only making 50 for a lap quilt. I am now getting the hang of it, so the blocks are so much easier to make than when I started. I used Civil War prints.

Have fun, Keaghank, making your FWS. It is a great learning experience.

And QuiltE, your quilt is magnificent. You have made an heirloom quilt.

QuiltE 02-28-2014 04:10 PM

Thanks BlueBell ... you are having so much fun, that you will be ready to do a 2nd lap quilt ... or to enlarge it to a full size! :):) I am proud of it ... but there'll be no one to "heirloom" it to!

Haymadsam 02-28-2014 04:20 PM

Gorgeous!
I am a very new beginner! Can't wait too something like this!

Blue Bell 02-28-2014 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 6602093)
Thanks BlueBell ... you are having so much fun, that you will be ready to do a 2nd lap quilt ... or to enlarge it to a full size! :):) I am proud of it ... but there'll be no one to "heirloom" it to!

I very briefly thought that the FWS would be a wonderful wedding quilt for each of my 6 grand children, I said briefly. The oldest is 21 and youngest is 17. So it could be doable, one a year for 5 more years. I certainly have lots of CW fabric left over.
I am sure that you will find the perfect person to receive your heirloom quilt. In the meantime, enjoy it yourself.

QuiltE 02-28-2014 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Bell (Post 6602147)
I very briefly thought that the FWS would be a wonderful wedding quilt for each of my 6 grand children, I said briefly. The oldest is 21 and youngest is 17. So it could be doable, one a year for 5 more years. I certainly have lots of CW fabric left over.
I am sure that you will find the perfect person to receive your heirloom quilt. In the meantime, enjoy it yourself.

It'd be interesting to see the whole group done ... you could do each with a different theme/colours according to the individual.

As for doing them ... would they appreciate all the work? or would there be as much appreciation and enjoyment to other quilts? (briefly thinking, with less work!) :D:D

Blue Bell 02-28-2014 07:43 PM

That is the question---would they appreciate the FWS quilt or other quilts. I will have to see how this one comes out before I make a decision.

ChrisDee 02-28-2014 07:45 PM

This is a beautiful quilt. I have never seen as many beautiful works of art as I have on this website. I love QB ! Thanks to all you who submit your pictures.They are pure eye candy.
ChrisDee

JoyceHoopes 03-01-2014 05:03 PM

redquilter said it. congratulations to both you and your LAQer. Joyce in DE

pw6 03-02-2014 02:30 PM

Wow beautiful, so much detail, did you paper piece it? no wonder it took so long to make WHEW.......