Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My husband thinks it's too wild! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-husband-thinks-its-too-wild-t56184.html)

magpie 07-25-2010 12:01 PM

Love the quilt and I agree with Tiffany. Dual purpose quilt.

Kooklabell 07-25-2010 12:02 PM

I love this "bold" quilt!! It reminds me of a kalidescope! Where will the quilt go? If you put a "neutral" backing on it to tone it down for your husband's perception - would it then spend most of its time showing the back?

My opinion - since you asked :D I would use one of the materials in the front if I had enough or take the quilt top to the fabric store and see what "hit me". But it just might be bold! Like a bright/colorful paisley or something that looks tie-dyed! That would be wicked!

Just tell your husband you're expressing your wild side :lol:

Patricia

Gilla 07-25-2010 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Kooklabell
I love this "bold" quilt!! It reminds me of a kalidescope!
My opinion - since you asked But it just might be bold! Like a bright/colorful paisley or something that looks tie-dyed! That would be wicked!
Just tell your husband you're expressing your wild side :lol:
Patricia

I have no idea what I will do with it. I love bright, vivid colors. I could never put a docile backing on this. I just ordered some bright, weird looking, fat quarters from fabric.com. They might just do the trick. This might be for my grandson, he needs to liven up a bit. Just a thought.

colleen53 07-25-2010 12:15 PM

I LIKE IT TOO

crafter005 07-25-2010 12:19 PM

I love it.

To satisfy husband, do a scrappy back with colors that he likes. This may be too much work for you.

You could do as others suggested by making a solid back in his favorite color.

Or, as a last resort, tell him it's yours not his. At least you know that he won't use it.

I read your further posts.....it's for someone else. We don't all have the same tastes......luckily.

Good luck!

sueisallaboutquilts 07-25-2010 12:32 PM

Awww I like it! Yes, it's wild but it's fun!!! Wild is a good thing :D:D:D

Kooklabell 07-25-2010 12:58 PM

Gilla,

That sounds wonderful! I bet your grandson will absolutely LOVE it!!

You should know that I looked up the tutorial for making this quilt block. You inspired me!!!

Thank you for sharing :D

Patricia

texaspam 07-25-2010 01:05 PM

I like it too. I think you did a great job on the fabric choices. It's outside of my comfort zone. I am kinda boring country, but I have made a lot of quilts outside of my comfort zone and I like them all.

Thanks for sharing.

Gilla 07-25-2010 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Kooklabell
Gilla,

You should know that I looked up the tutorial for making this quilt block. You inspired me!!!

I am glad. It wasn't difficult and went together pretty fast. Just make surel you use a sharp cutter, lign up the squares each time before cutting. Decide a little while how you want to cut it. Don't feel back if you have to trim at the end. You'll still have about a 15" block.

iltoaz 07-25-2010 01:41 PM

Like it - I printed the instructions and that quilt pattern is in my "let' try pile" Thanks for sharing.