Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Need your opinions on another UFO (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/need-your-opinions-another-ufo-t168348.html)

lmc8 11-15-2011 11:23 AM

I'd choose to combine kwilter and nyleve's advice, then play up the xmass theme... by continuing the applique feathers to swirl around the corners a bit, and in the middle of each side appliquing a sprig of feathers atop of bells, then using the quilted feathers idea with perhaps a varigated red/green thread to fill the spaces surrounding the bells.

I don't think you could go wrong no matter what you decide, your adorable perceptive grandson is right... it's a winner regardless of what you do to finish it :) Will be waiting to see your final results.

butterflies5518 11-15-2011 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by ChildoftheUniverse (Post 4682521)
I really like the feathers on the side and give a hug to that cutie who seems to know what he likes!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

redquilter 11-15-2011 11:58 AM

I'm with your GGS (who happens to be gorgeous) - I like the quilt also. I would leave the feathers. It's a great addition to give interest.

northern lass 11-15-2011 12:02 PM

beautiful quilt. the feathers certainly add interest and I would add them to the top and bottom too!

jackied 11-15-2011 12:07 PM

Not sure why you didn't like it but I sure do. Its an excellant Christmas quilt. Think it could use some of the applique in top and bottom borders, just my opinion.

Joan Gaddis 11-15-2011 12:18 PM

beautiful quilt!!!trip around the world is one of my favorite patterns.

patd 11-15-2011 12:26 PM

Love those feathers in the border. And it has passed the most important inspection. The little one clearly loves it.

Prism99 11-15-2011 12:39 PM

For me, FMQ feathers in a plain border would "make" this quilt.

Prism99 11-15-2011 12:40 PM

Oh, I really like this advice! Sorry I didn't see it sooner!

Originally Posted by lmc8 (Post 4683034)
I'd choose to combine kwilter and nyleve's advice, then play up the xmass theme... by continuing the applique feathers to swirl around the corners a bit, and in the middle of each side appliquing a sprig of feathers atop of bells, then using the quilted feathers idea with perhaps a varigated red/green thread to fill the spaces surrounding the bells.

I don't think you could go wrong no matter what you decide, your adorable perceptive grandson is right... it's a winner regardless of what you do to finish it :) Will be waiting to see your final results.

boohoofish 11-15-2011 12:41 PM

I agree with this.

Originally Posted by Mad Mimm (Post 4682551)
I like the idea of FMQ feathers on the plain borders. It would be a nice tie-in to the applique feathers (which are lovely by the way!) I like it. I have to agree though, I did think Christmas when I saw the colors. Not in a bad way, more of a Santa taking a trip around the world way. Pretty quilt!!!