Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   New homemade quilt frame! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/new-homemade-quilt-frame-t24223.html)

loulou1972 08-15-2009 12:34 PM

your DH has given my DH an idea mmm

he's a very clever man.......

:-)

Ninnie 08-15-2009 12:48 PM

What a great idea!!! Way to go!!
It looks good, and I'm sure you will have the hang of it in no time.

Darlene 08-15-2009 12:51 PM

That is so cool.

MollieSue 08-15-2009 12:59 PM

Thanks Tink's Mom, I laid a piece of material to use as my boundary. lol!!! But then tested the limit, and didn't have any problem. So am guessing it was me going to fast?

Tuesy, I seen that earlier when I was searching for ideas, and I {think} it was $249 for it. But I can't find the website I was at, to double check that price. Looks perfect for her though! I just needed something close to free. lol!!!! :-)

Thanks Loulou!!! I think it might have taken him a half hour, he just needed to drill the holes in the wooden thingys. I do want to get some 3" pvc though, instead of the wood blocks, to have under the quilt to support it. DH even wrapped clear vinyl over them, which helped. But now the issue is they get in the way as I move the quilt down.
If you want better pictures, just let me know!

Thanks Ninnie!!! :D I have about two swipes left to do, then the proof will be in the pudding, as to how it came out! lol!!!! I know my stitches are far from being the same size, some are bigger, etc. But it sure beats the struggle I was having last night without it! :-)

MollieSue 08-15-2009 01:00 PM

Thanks Darlene!!! :D

MollieSue 08-15-2009 01:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh - should mention it can also double as a Cat Hammock! lol!!!!!!!!! Took a break, got on the computer, went back, and seen Kitty had discovered it! lol!!!!!!!!! :D

amandasgramma 08-15-2009 01:26 PM

I think your hubby is a keeper!!!!! :mrgreen: Good job!
As for the breaking needles....maybe you're moving the fabric when the needle is in the down position...therefore, forcing it to the side and it hits metal.....hmmmmmmm did I make my thought clear!?!?!?

And I see your "tuxedo" kitty is like mine.....learns really quick where the good stuff is!! LOL

ENJOY!

RedGarnet222 08-15-2009 01:40 PM

Your hubby is really a nice guy to have thought up something to help you quilt easier. I am really curious to see your results after it is done. Hurry hurry ... Oh no silly me that was breaking needles. Make sure you show it though when you are finished.

That kitty is a crack up stealing the quilt table for his own. He is looking like he is saying "WHAT it's not MINE??"

joykey 08-15-2009 01:58 PM

That is awesome and I bet your hubby is very proud that he made your sewing easier and saved a bunch of money.
I would love to see more pictures to show my DH as he has offered to make me one .
Thanks

Teacup 08-15-2009 03:05 PM

I'm really interested to see this completed. Be sure to post it. Thanks for sharing all you are learning.