Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Nosegay layout,,, (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/nosegay-layout-t46527.html)

Gramof6 05-20-2010 10:45 AM

I love your colors and layout! This will be a beautiful quilt. Great job!

mrsdralshhadeh 05-20-2010 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Are you sewing by hand because you want to or because you don't know how to do it by machine? (Those inset seams are a little tricky but they can be done by machine.)

I love most of your color choices. The one that jumps out at me a little is the tone-on-tone black. I would like to see it with a solid dark blue instead.

I am going to be doing by hand, because I am currently at Ft. Dix, NJ due to medical issues and I do not have my machine. I was going to buy another cheap machine,, but,, that means I have to lug it around with me,, lol

mrsdralshhadeh 05-20-2010 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Marjpf
Very pretty. Will all your "flowers" be the same fabric?

I am making just this one, for now. A fellow solider is here and seriously hurt. And she can not have flowers in her room, so I offered to make her one,, I am hoping to make her a lap quilt,, or maybe a wall hanging. But,, for now,, just this one,,, but when I do the others (wall hanging or lap quilt) I will be using oranges, reds, blues, pinks, purples,,,,,

mrsdralshhadeh 05-20-2010 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by kygirl
Really nice color layout, going to be pretty.

thank you!!!! :-D

Moonpi 05-20-2010 11:08 AM

Love the colors - the only thing I am wondering about is whether the bottom background piece is big enough not to cut off that purple point.

SulaBug 05-20-2010 11:13 AM

I like your layout, it's very pretty. My Mother still hand sews all of her quilt blocks together & just loves doing it. I hope you aren't to ill or hurt!! :( Do share pictures with us when you get some of them put together!! Have a Great Day!!
:D :D :D :D

Jingle 05-20-2010 11:21 AM

Very pretty. Good for you, and lucky Soldier.

mrsdralshhadeh 05-20-2010 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by SulaBug
I like your layout, it's very pretty. My Mother still hand sews all of her quilt blocks together & just loves doing it. I hope you aren't to ill or hurt!! :( Do share pictures with us when you get some of them put together!! Have a Great Day!!
:D :D :D :D

to make a long and painful story short,,I got hurt in Iraq,, and was sent home, ended up with a complete hysterectomy,, which resulted in blood clots that completely damaged my right lung, and almost cost me my life. But Iam doing well. I have been finally able to regulate my coumadin and diet,, there for,, hopefully I will be going back home to Puerto ico,, Then the real quilting happens!!!! I am limited to what I can do,, as well as to get as fabric here. But, I prefer to quilt as much by hand as possible,,, it is peaceful,,and makes me calm,,, :-D :-D :-D

mrsdralshhadeh 05-20-2010 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Moonpi
Love the colors - the only thing I am wondering about is whether the bottom background piece is big enough not to cut off that purple point.

mmm,, I guess I am going to find out,,, lol :lol:

mrsdralshhadeh 05-20-2010 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Moonpi

I guess I am going to find out,,,, loll