Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Nutcracker Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/nutcracker-quilt-t54022.html)

Belles.hold 07-12-2010 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by rismstress
I love the Nutcracker and your blocks are fantastic. Wish I was getting this.
Cheryl

Thanks to all who have written such nice comments about my Nutcrackers. I'll post pictures each time I make three more, and when I finally finish, I'll take a photo of the entire quilt. I hope each character gets easier to applique - - but somehow I doubt it. The teeth, eyes, eyebrows and lips are very small. I have to bring my satin stitch down to a 1.5 setting. Also, after it is quilted, I'll be able to add all the embellishments...such as jewels for the crowns, laces for the boots, a chain for the watch fob, etc. Belles

franie 07-12-2010 06:07 PM

It is gonna be great. Love it.

Sheila Elaine 07-12-2010 06:16 PM

This is an awesome quilt. Has your daughter seen it yet? She's going to be so proud of it & it will give memories for years to come.

amma 07-13-2010 11:05 AM

Good Job!!! They are so cute :D:D:D

Belles.hold 07-13-2010 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Sheila Elaine
This is an awesome quilt. Has your daughter seen it yet? She's going to be so proud of it & it will give memories for years to come.

Thanks, that's the reaction I hope to get from my daughter and granddaugher, Alyssa - AWESOME! She hasn't seen any of the Nutcracker blocks nor a picture of the entire quilt. I'm hoping to keep it a secret until Christmas. Belles

magpie 07-13-2010 04:57 PM

What an awesome quilt. It will be loved forever.

Belles.hold 08-05-2010 06:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It took about a month for me to finish three more of the Nutcracker blocks for Alyssa's quilt. On the Chimney Sweep block, I didn't attach the straw broom to the broom pole because it should extend out onto the sashing.

Now I'm taking a short recess while I make my blocks for the Santa Claus Swap. Then on to the next three blocks (and as I thought, they aren't becoming easier to applique)! Belles

The Shepherd; Nutcracker King and Chimney Sweep
[ATTACH=CONFIG]92425[/ATTACH]

Belles.hold 04-17-2011 12:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by annieshane
Your work is awesome. Of course, you can complete all these things before Christmas. This quilt is for your granddaughter, that always puts a lot of ump in our step when we are doing something for them. We have faith in you!!

Please, please, please post this quilt when you complete it.
I know it will be a fantastic quilt.

Well annieshane, I didn't complete the Nutcracker Quilt by Christmas, but I have it ready for the long arm quilter and will be able to present it to my DGD for her twelfth birthday on July 1. This fall/winter she will ice skate in the "Nutcracker on Ice" for the 10th year. So, she has been in the production since she was 3 years old....and her two aunts, grandpa and Nana have watched each performance. Belles

Hope you enjoy the quilt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]185618[/ATTACH]

pab58 04-23-2011 05:40 PM

That is a remarkable quilt!!! You did a wonderful job on it, and I know your grandaughter will absolutely LOVE it!!! What a special gift and keepsake for her! Please be sure to post pictures of the quilt after it returns to you from the longarmer!!! ;) ;)

jeaninmaine 05-13-2011 02:21 PM

What a lovely quilt this will be for her. Your nutcrackers are terrific.