Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   OBW and My first PP quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/obw-my-first-pp-quilt-t137570.html)

k3n 07-14-2011 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE
Oh how lovely your 4PP is!

Relax folks!!!!!! ... same concept and basic technique as OBW, so easily switched. Yes causes some confusion, but the world will go on even with confusion.

:-D

and will be a lot more fun for it, too! :lol:

featherweight 07-14-2011 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
They are both absolutely stunning, I love the PP especially. Sorry to be pedantic but that is a four patch posy or stack n whack, OBW don't have sashing between the blocks and are hexes or octagons. :-D

Yes, it is the 4 patch posey. Boy I am making all kinds of mistakes on this post, Double posted and now this.. WOW

k3n 07-14-2011 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by featherweight

Originally Posted by k3n
They are both absolutely stunning, I love the PP especially. Sorry to be pedantic but that is a four patch posy or stack n whack, OBW don't have sashing between the blocks and are hexes or octagons. :-D

Yes, it is the 4 patch posey. Boy I am making all kinds of mistakes on this post, Double posted and now this.. WOW

You're fine - they're pretty enough to warrant showing twice anyways. ;) :D

QuiltE 07-14-2011 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by k3n

Don't sweat it ... it's not a big deal as they really are much the same. Just a variation.

featherweight 07-14-2011 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
Both quilts are beautiful. You chose some lovely blocks for your PP. Yeah, taking off the paper can be a real pain. There are tricks to make it much easier though. Shorten your stitch length, fold the paper at the seam line and score it with your nail. You may wish to also explore Freezer PP. In this method you preforate the FP with your pattern then you fold it back and stitch right next to the paper instead of through it. Ironing the paper to the fabric makes it kind of stick to the fabric during assembly. When you are all done you just peel it off and can reuse the same pattern piece several times before it quits sticking. It is a fantastic way to PP. Same results w/o all the tearing off of paper. But I wouldn't recommend it for PP patterns that have a lot of itty bitty pieces. Then I would use vellum paper. Pricey, but tears off like a dream.

Thanks for the tips. I have watched a video with the freezer paprer but, I thought I had better do it this way or I really would get messed up. LOL. I will plan on useing it with the next one. Thanks again!!

featherweight 07-14-2011 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE

Originally Posted by k3n

Don't sweat it ... it's not a big deal as they really are much the same. Just a variation.

Thanks, :oops: :oops:

cjtinkle 07-14-2011 10:05 AM

Wow, both are stunning!

auntpiggylpn 07-14-2011 10:07 AM

That paper pieced quilt is flippin' crazy!! WOW! Did you design it yourself or is there a pattern somewhere? I guess I should have read all the posts before commenting in case someone else has already asked about the pattern...

Jim's Gem 07-14-2011 10:26 AM

Beautiful work!

MTS 07-14-2011 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
Then I would use vellum paper. Pricey, but tears off like a dream.

thumbup: Exactly!!! So worth the money. Plus the ease of printing/copying the pattern. Or even needle punching it.