Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   One Block Wonders (hibiscus) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/one-block-wonders-hibiscus-t21115.html)

Mousie 06-10-2009 12:19 PM

wow, that's awesome. So far, I have named all quilts, totes, and some clothes...like my wild thing, clamdiggers :wink:

Lacelady 06-10-2009 03:29 PM

Omak, I don't think you should be too hasty with your promises, you might live to regret this one, I would.

omak 06-10-2009 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Omak, I don't think you should be too hasty with your promises, you might live to regret this one, I would.

Welll, since she didn't have the book I wanted, I bought two others.
If I keep my timing just right? <G> I can get a whole lot of books between now and the time she manages to get it into her quilt shop.
I will give her a week. If at the end of that time, I remember that I ever wanted the book, and she still doesn't manage to remember to order it anyway ... I think I saw it on Crafter's Choice ... I may have to go there <G>
I was sort of kidding about the promise thing ...
good catch! LOL

sewjoyce 06-10-2009 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by omak

Originally Posted by Lacelady

Welll, since she didn't have the book I wanted, I bought two others.
If I keep my timing just right? <G> I can get a whole lot of books between now and the time she manages to get it into her quilt shop.
I will give her a week. If at the end of that time, I remember that I ever wanted the book, and she still doesn't manage to remember to order it anyway ... I think I saw it on Crafter's Choice ... I may have to go there <G>
I was sort of kidding about the promise thing ...
good catch! LOL

Omak -- we ALL knew that :lol: :lol: :lol:

omak 06-10-2009 06:43 PM

And, I thought I was sooo clever <g>.

sapdoggie 06-10-2009 07:43 PM

Wonderful work. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

k3n 06-10-2009 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by kd124
Gorgeous! Perfect name for the quilt. I name some of my quilts but not all. I am working on a One Block Wonder right now and need to have it finished by Juy 9 when I go to my HS reunion. It is for my oldest (timewise not age) and dearest friend.

Ducky--it really is a lot easier than it looks. I chain piece mine, so it goes really fast.

Kathy - please show us when you've done! Unless you'd rather have a Inova quilter's set up than a camera :mrgreen: !

Chain piecing - do you do several hexs at a time then? That sounds interesting. I take a stack of 6 and piece two sets of three, press seams, pin together and stick on wall. I'd be worried about mixing up the triangles; please enlighten me as to how you do it, sounds like a great tip!

And I ditto what Jenell said - I went through the book step by step, it's really clear and good explanatory pics (Jenell - we SHOULD be on commission! :wink: ). AND if I can do it then anyone can too! :D

peel 06-11-2009 07:05 AM

hi,
what's a one block wonder, seems like it should be obvious but it's not to me
thanks
peel

marta 06-11-2009 09:20 AM

beautiful! How did you do that?
martha.
[email protected]

adrianlee 06-11-2009 09:55 AM

Beautiful quilt!!! What was the repeat pattern on the fabric in inches? How many yards did you need to make all the blocks? What a need title, Hawaiian print to drifting snow! I name my quilts too and put that into the label on the back of the quilts.