Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Orca bay mystery picture thread (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/orca-bay-mystery-picture-thread-t168881.html)

Dogwood Quilter 12-04-2011 03:18 PM

Love your organization and your blocks. I hope to start this after Christmas. I don't have any time now.

JeanieG 12-04-2011 04:11 PM

Going to be a beautiful quilt Sadiemae!

Emma S 12-04-2011 08:20 PM

Sadie: I used the same green for step number two. I really am pleased with the way turned out. What are use substituting for the red? I am using purple.

Caroline S 12-04-2011 10:13 PM

Way to go Sadiemae! I like your colors.

candi 12-05-2011 05:59 AM

Love it Sadiemae, your units turned out awesome, I love the variation. I hope I end up with enough variation on mine, I am using some FQs since I don't have scraps. I guess I have to wait and see.

Sadiemae 12-05-2011 08:03 AM

Thanks everyone. I used some strips I found that I forgot I had, and I also used some FQ's. Now I guess I really have to do some house work before Friday. I would rather be quilting...

Emma, I hope to use some purples for the last color also. My favorite color!

yayaquilts 12-05-2011 09:02 AM

Beautiful blocks sadiemae! I'm with you: I'd rather be quilting than housecleaning!!!

JeanieG 12-05-2011 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by candi (Post 4752786)
Love it Sadiemae, your units turned out awesome, I love the variation. I hope I end up with enough variation on mine, I am using some FQs since I don't have scraps. I guess I have to wait and see.

I know candi! I don't use much black, so used fabric and Triangulations for the black/white squares. I only have 5 black fabrics and am using a constant white on white. I think when they are spread out in the quilt they will be alright. People look at a quilt as a whole, and don't really notice each square the way we do.

dyer804 12-06-2011 08:40 AM

Thanks everyone for sharing your progress. You are doing great! I hope to join in after I move and get settled in a new house. That may take awhile so I'll just enjoy seeing what you all are doing.:o

echoemb 12-07-2011 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by JeanieG (Post 4753703)
I know candi! I don't use much black, so used fabric and Triangulations for the black/white squares. I only have 5 black fabrics and am using a constant white on white. I think when they are spread out in the quilt they will be alright. People look at a quilt as a whole, and don't really notice each square the way we do.

JeanieG: I also don't have alot of blacks and been buying 5" charms but your comment made me rethink and I am just going to go with what I have. I use Inklingo to make my QST's and HST's and the 5" worked well, but I think the 1/4 yd pieces I have and I am going to use those also. Not as much variety as I wanted but I think you are right about the quilt as a whole. thanks!!