Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Orca bay mystery picture thread (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/orca-bay-mystery-picture-thread-t168881.html)

Emma S 12-11-2011 06:04 PM

Caroline love your blues! What did you do to those poor inspectors? Clearly they are exhausted, so cute.

Caroline S 12-11-2011 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Emma S (Post 4773490)
Caroline love your blues! What did you do to those poor inspectors? Clearly they are exhausted, so cute.

Wendy our other Lab kicked them off the couch where they would rather be. There is usually at least one of them on inspection duty (sleeping) up here when I am sewing. It could be that watching the blue strips flying through the sewing machine wore them out. I sure hope that more blues will be used in other parts of the mystery quilt. I have a LOT of them.

candi 12-11-2011 07:25 PM

Ladies you are doing a fabulous job, I am so jealous of all of you completing steps, I am still working on the first step, but I am determined to finish :)

COYOTEMAGIC 12-12-2011 04:17 AM

Looking good ladies!! Those poor quilt inspectors are exhausted!

Suse 12-12-2011 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by candi (Post 4773747)
Ladies you are doing a fabulous job, I am so jealous of all of you completing steps, I am still working on the first step, but I am determined to finish :)

Same here. I've got only half of step 1 completed.

vbourck 12-13-2011 10:03 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I have step 1 and step 2 DONE!! And step 3 is cut and ready to sew. I did do the string blocks for step 2, even tho I don't like them. Not whining, just saying they aren't my favorite block. And then step 4 is even MORE strings! But I like Bonnie's patterns and trust that it will look amazing when it is done. my string blocks are greens but the color in the picture is kind of washed out, they look better than that. I am using golds for Bonnie's black.

Jan in FL 12-13-2011 10:17 AM

I don't think I will ever finish step four. Not whining...just stating a fact!

allets 12-13-2011 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by vbourck (Post 4778232)
I have step 1 and step 2 DONE!! And step 3 is cut and ready to sew. I did do the string blocks for step 2, even tho I don't like them. Not whining, just saying they aren't my favorite block. And then step 4 is even MORE strings! But I like Bonnie's patterns and trust that it will look amazing when it is done. my string blocks are greens but the color in the picture is kind of washed out, they look better than that. I am using golds for Bonnie's black.

Love your colors. Can't wait to see all the variations of everyone's choices.

allets 12-13-2011 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in FL (Post 4778261)
I don't think I will ever finish step four. Not whining...just stating a fact!

Sure you will! But I know the feeling, Bonnie's quilts have a way of doing that, lol.

Sadiemae 12-13-2011 10:29 AM

Step 4

1 Attachment(s)
Step 4 purples.