Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Pictures for Rhonda's Second Sampler Quilt Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/pictures-rhondas-second-sampler-quilt-along-t161474.html)

PokerDiva 10-20-2011 01:10 PM

Thank you. I am a polka dot fan.

Originally Posted by Obsessed
Very pretty PokerDiva! I love the floral and the polka dot together.

paintmejudy 10-21-2011 05:24 AM

Florence - love this as an 18" block! Great idea.

Originally Posted by PokerDiva
Here is my Ashley block and here is my plan(you know about best laid plans). The floral fabric has purple, pink, green, brown and yellow. I am going to use that fabric and maybe the polkadot in all the blocks and mix up the accent colors. They will be 18 inch blocks so maybe I will get a quilt sooner rather than later.

Iluv2quilt 10-21-2011 05:45 AM

You all are doing such beautiful work, wish I could join in. Looks difficult!!

Rhonda 10-21-2011 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Iluv2quilt
You all are doing such beautiful work, wish I could join in. Looks difficult!!

And you of all people know it isn't! LOL

4EVERquilt 10-21-2011 06:20 AM

I like this pattern. I can hardly wait to see the rest

Obsessed 10-22-2011 05:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is my block for week#2 - "Autumn." I am really pleased with how this block turned out, except for my complete inability to get the points in the very middle to match up. My seam ripper was getting quite the workout. Finally, I just had to drink a beer and get over it! ;-) Isn't that how everyone quilts??? :oops:

I noticed that in Rhonda's pattern she used four different greens - that inspired me to make mine a little bit scrappy and I really like how that turned out.

Thanks for looking!

Autumn - Week #2 - 12 1/2 inch
[ATTACH=CONFIG]275678[/ATTACH]

Rhonda 10-22-2011 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Obsessed
Here is my block for week#2 - "Autumn." I am really pleased with how this block turned out, except for my complete inability to get the points in the very middle to match up. My seam ripper was getting quite the workout. Finally, I just had to drink a beer and get over it! ;-) Isn't that how everyone quilts??? :oops:

I noticed that in Rhonda's pattern she used four different greens - that inspired me to make mine a little bit scrappy and I really like how that turned out.

Thanks for looking!

I love it! I just love seeing how everyone interprets my designs. I enjoy seeing all the color combinations! Your's turned out terrific! Your points turned out just fine!

klgreene 10-22-2011 06:40 PM

Very very nice. And you are quick. I haven't started mine yet, strips are cut, but I have a couple of charity blocks I need to do first. But I want to do mine before Friday. I recognize a lot of your fabric, do we shop the same place??

PokerDiva 10-23-2011 08:44 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Obsessed, don't feel so bad about your points. I had a time with mine also. If it hadn't been so early in the morning I would have had a glass of wine( I don't like beer). Here is mine. Looks like I cut off the top of the pic but you get the drift.

Autumn Week 2 18"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]275871[/ATTACH]

klgreene 10-23-2011 08:55 AM

Very nice, these are all turning out fabulous.
I think I will start mine today. Wish me luck, I've never done a 6 1/2" star block.