Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   pillow cases (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/pillow-cases-t145993.html)

craftybear 08-21-2011 08:20 PM

you did a wonderful job on your pillow cases, thanks for sharing them with us

cjomomma 08-21-2011 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by ging10ging
Wow you have been a busy girl. Beautiful colors. Good luck selling them I bet they all go. Sue

Thank you for the encouragement but they didn't sell at the carnival, infact nothing but 2 of my pincushions sold.

cjomomma 08-21-2011 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear
you did a wonderful job on your pillow cases, thanks for sharing them with us

Thank you my friend. :thumbup: :thumbup:

dlbrandt 08-22-2011 03:33 AM

Sorry about your pillowcases not selling. They are beautiful. As a matter of fact, I went yesterday to J. Fabrics checking out material to make some myself. Everyone I know are going to get one specifically made for them. They are awesome. The only thing is that I can't tell any of my friends about them, because they are getting them as gifts. Guess it's a lesson of keeping my mouth shut. Thanks for the great idea. I'll keep you posted on my progress. Deb

kay45 08-22-2011 03:35 AM

Love em! Do you make any out of flannel?

cjomomma 08-22-2011 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by kay45
Love em! Do you make any out of flannel?

I would have but I dont have flannel in my stash. :-)

cjomomma 08-22-2011 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by dlbrandt
Sorry about your pillowcases not selling. They are beautiful. As a matter of fact, I went yesterday to J. Fabrics checking out material to make some myself. Everyone I know are going to get one specifically made for them. They are awesome. The only thing is that I can't tell any of my friends about them, because they are getting them as gifts. Guess it's a lesson of keeping my mouth shut. Thanks for the great idea. I'll keep you posted on my progress. Deb

Yes please post pictures when you get the done. I would love to see them.

mizsandy 08-22-2011 05:04 AM

Are you going to hold on to them and try another carnival? Maybe one closer to Christmas? I wouldn't give up, you did a beautiful job and deserve to have some sales.

DMotyl 08-22-2011 05:13 AM

They are very colorful. I also plan to make some as gifts. I am curious about the price though. It seems much fabric is more than $5 per yard if it has a high thread count and so $8.50 seems a bit low. Maybe thread count isn't a factor, but I love the soft hand of the higher thread count cotton. Good Luck! You should do well.

DMotyl 08-22-2011 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Good Sunday morning everyone!

Just letting you know that the carnival was yesterday and that I still have all of the pillow cases. All I sold was 2 pincushions.

I am sorry that you did not sell any pillow cases. Don't give up. Maybe a Christmas craft fair would be an idea to consider.