Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   pixelated picture quilt progress (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/pixelated-picture-quilt-progress-t274415.html)

Buckeye Rose 01-12-2016 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Geri B (Post 7432127)
All those small blocks and seams along with that pellon...doesn't that make it bulky? Just wondering as I've never used

The fusible I got (Quiltsmart printed interfacing) is almost feather weight, adding no bulk or weight to the quilt. The added bonus is that all seams are basically finished, no raveling threads at all, as the fusible encases the seam edges.

Skhf 01-13-2016 07:27 AM

Great blocks! My 13 year old son has these pixelated characters on his bedroom wall d still thinks they are cool! He would love the quilt too

roguequilter 01-13-2016 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Buckeye Rose (Post 7431756)
These are all characters from the video game "Super Mario Brothers"....one I have to admit that I spent many hours playing. This is for the 5yr grandson who loves the game too. They aren't QAYG, just regular blocks....but...each 1.5" square is fused to interfacing with 1.5" grid printed on it. Then you sew the seams. It is so easy and fast, considering how many squares are in each block. The first block (one up mushroom) was a learning process, so it isn't as nice looking...but I don't think it will be noticeable once the quilt is together and quilted. I think I am going to use a clear/transparent thread to quilt so I don't interfere with the pictures.

what a great idea! my littles love playing w thier daddy. the princess w various hats & rides is the preferred character ...would be a great quilt for each of them. so ..thank you for the idea! :))

MargeD 01-13-2016 09:38 AM

What is it about guys that want to eat when we're in the middle of a quilting project, it's always something. LOL.

gram2five 01-13-2016 10:06 AM

Thank you ruthrings, I will most certainly use the fusible pellon with the grids. And, I followed your link for the Prayers and Squares, and have to tell you, your quilts are beautiful, especially the first one. Fell in love!

Fraew 01-13-2016 10:08 AM

Very nice! Sure wish I could join you. Have fun.

klswift 01-13-2016 10:26 AM

Glad to hear you are enjoying making it. I have thought about doing something like this and keep talking myself out of it! Your comments are encouraging. The one thing I might do is take a couple hours, cook a bunch of stuff, put it in separate containers with microwave instructions for the hungry hubby and hide away in my sewing room!!!

NatalieF 01-13-2016 12:05 PM

wow! what a great idea and they really turned out well and so whimsical at the same time. I love them.

twinkie 01-13-2016 04:25 PM

Very talented but you are right, they are a lot easier using the fusible printed grid. I have used that to make several watercolors.

LadyElisabeth 01-13-2016 05:17 PM

Fun quilt, my grandchildren would love it.