Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Pot holder and Hot pad (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/pot-holder-hot-pad-t27167.html)

Lostn51 10-16-2009 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Sandy1951
I don't have a darning foot or walking foot yet so I've been afraid to try any quilting. You're much braver than me.

I dont have any quilting type of feet for my machines either. I use my 1/4" foot when I free motion but there is no pressure on the foot, drop my feed dogs and treadle away!!

Billy

MollieSue 10-16-2009 03:35 PM

Oh - You Go Girl!!!! :thumbup: I think they look Great!!! Especially the Sue!!
Another added to my list - never thought of using Sue for potholders!! I love it!! :D :D

Bettia 10-16-2009 03:43 PM

Very nice Lisa.
When did you start sewing? Wasn't it just a few months ago. Or am I thinking of someone else.

I love your Sue as well. I haven't made her yet.

I just purchased a book on potholders (for Christmas gifts) can't wait to get started.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 10-16-2009 03:57 PM

Omak -- the Sue pot holder started out as a 9 inch square. I picked 9 because my store bought pot holders are 7 and seemed a bit skimpy.

Bettia -- I've sewn clothes for years but just started quilting a couple of months ago. Clothes are MUCH easier.

Billy -- I didn't post my actual first, first FMQ. This is my first publishable FMQ. I call the very first one "Spastic Drunk with Bloody Fingers". A foot of some type might be considered an OSHA safety device for me.

Miss Mollie Sue -- I think of Sue for everything. I just love the old gal and her grown up friends the Bonnet Girls.

Thanks for all the kind words!

littlehud 10-16-2009 06:46 PM

Those are so cute. And there was no snorting here. I think you did a great job on your quilting.

Ducky 10-16-2009 06:56 PM

Lisa, I didn't do any snorting at all until I read the "Spastic Drunk with Bloody Fingers" part. Then my spearmint tea came mighty close to leaving my mouth. You did a great job on the fmq. I have been sewing quilt tops for a long time and have never had the courage to try the fmq yet. I keep telling myself that I will when I have the time. The thing is, I never make the time. So good for you!

amma 10-16-2009 08:52 PM

WOW :shock: :shock: :shock:
You did a wonderful job on both potholders!!! I love the FMQ and the leaf motif is awesome!!! You Go Girl!!! :D :mrgreen: 8) :D :mrgreen: 8)

Lostn51 10-16-2009 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
Billy -- I didn't post my actual first, first FMQ. This is my first publishable FMQ. I call the very first one "Spastic Drunk with Bloody Fingers". A foot of some type might be considered an OSHA safety device for me.

:lol: Thats too funny :lol:

Billy

mumtoliam 10-16-2009 09:12 PM

You did an absolute great job - I have only practised on calico, and well, that's the reason I havent attempted it on a quilting project yet!

Bevanger 10-17-2009 04:47 AM

No snorting here. I personally think you did a fantastic job!