Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   practicing free motion on golf panel (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/practicing-free-motion-golf-panel-t69247.html)

CarrieAnne 10-09-2010 04:59 PM

Great job!

colleen53 10-09-2010 05:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Debbie B
You're very good at FMQ. What type of machine do you use?

1941 singer.. model 15 born on december 30.1941

QUILT4JOY 10-09-2010 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by colleen53
I have started to work on dh golf quilt.. and i have been moving the needle around to outline and play...
I did copy a golfer and his flag from a quilting pattern,, I used tear away.. so some cheating.. but hey... I can't do it all !!

Yes. That's incredible. It's like a shadow. Both are very well done.

amma 10-09-2010 05:43 PM

WOW!!! I love your quiltine! Original and creative! :D:D:D

Debbie B 10-09-2010 05:44 PM

I did not know that you could use the old Singers for FMQ. How do you do that? Is there some sort of plate to cover the feed dogs? I've been looking at an older electric Singer in our local Craigslist for $100 in a cabinet. The machine looks pretty similar to your picture. It doesn't say the model. The ad says that it's in working order and practically mint condition. I keep debating on if I should get it, but I sure didn't know that it might be able to do FMQ

colleen53 10-09-2010 05:47 PM

I did not know that you could use the old Singers for FMQ. How do you do that? Is there some sort of plate to cover the feed dogs? I've been looking at an older electric Singer in our local Craigslist for $100 in a cabinet. The machine looks pretty similar to your picture. It doesn't say the model. The ad says that it's in working order and practically mint condition. I keep debating on if I should get it, but I sure didn't know that it might be able to do FMQ

this machine is in a cabinet.. i was doing some reading on this model and it said to tip it up and there should be a screw right in front that enables you to do fmq.. and sure enough this one had it !!! i was so excited... and today was the first time that i was able to try it.. i am in love with the flow of the sewing and the amount of space that i had to move the quilt around.. this machine was found on craigslist with lots of extra goodies and cabinet.. hubby brought it home and surprised me !! yes ,,he is a keeper !

hcarpanini 10-09-2010 05:54 PM

nice job!

Debbie B 10-09-2010 06:01 PM

this machine is in a cabinet.. i was doing some reading on this model and it said to tip it up and there should be a screw right in front that enables you to do fmq.. and sure enough this one had it !!! i was so excited... and today was the first time that i was able to try it.. i am in love with the flow of the sewing and the amount of space that i had to move the quilt around.. this machine was found on craigslist with lots of extra goodies and cabinet.. hubby brought it home and surprised me !! yes ,,he is a keeper !

Yes...your husband is a keeper!! I have a wonderful husband, but I don't think he would even notice a sewing machine. You have me thinking about getting the one that I saw in our craigslist. Is $100 a good price? It's in a cherry cabinet. The cabinet is fairly simple, it comes with some accessories (doesn't look like a lot, but shows a little green box in the picture) and has the manual.

colleen53 10-09-2010 06:05 PM

the fmq is only on certain models.. so if that iswhat you are looking for. then ask questions about the underneath part...(the screw)

Matilda 10-09-2010 06:37 PM

WOW I like that! Very nice.