Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Quilt finished but not happy with it.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quilt-finished-but-not-happy-t36904.html)

potwoman 02-14-2010 08:11 PM

It's really pretty. You could embroider a line of some slightly fancy running stitch around each block, and that would accentuate the blocks. You could use either that darker blue of the inside of each quilt square or something darker, from the border. It would pull it together and be easy to do! But it's really nice as it is, too, with a soft and floating-in-the-sky feeling. Float off to sleep.....(from potwoman)

Kyiav10 02-14-2010 08:20 PM

I too really like it. I would be happy with that quilt.

Kyia

janice4 02-14-2010 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by potwoman
It's really pretty. You could embroider a line of some slightly fancy running stitch around each block, and that would accentuate the blocks. You could use either that darker blue of the inside of each quilt square or something darker, from the border. It would pull it together and be easy to do! But it's really nice as it is, too, with a soft and floating-in-the-sky feeling. Float off to sleep.....(from potwoman)

I can't do embroider.. but I do like the darker blue idea to bind it that may just pull it all together !!

janice4 02-14-2010 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by mrspete
nicely done and so pretty. I think yellow would have been wrong. WTG, girl

yeah I tried cutting several shades and it just wasn't right. It is growing on me now and I think it will be fine I will take it up for my daughter to see in person. this week. Thank you everyone for feedback :) appreciate it

Loretta 02-14-2010 09:58 PM

I think it looks good the way it is.

memathomas 02-14-2010 10:01 PM

maybe use the boarder fabric to frame the blocks i am not sure' can you try that? fine a better yellow. ooooorrrrr show it to ur friend and see if she likes it now.,

mema

amma 02-15-2010 01:38 AM

I think it is very pretty, she is going to love it :D:D:D

mytwopals 02-15-2010 08:40 AM

Well, I like it. :thumbup:

retired teacher 02-15-2010 08:50 AM

I learned along time ago that my sewing time is precious. That's why when someone asks me to make something for them, my reply is "can I pick the fabrics from your main color pallet?" (how in the heck do you spell pallet?) For me it is more rewarding to surprise people with quilted gifts, and I don't gift people with handmade items that I don't know well enough to know what their likes and dislikes are. Chariety and fundraiser quilts are fun too.

SulaBug 02-15-2010 10:22 AM

Janice,
Your quilt turned out great!! :thumbup: I wouldn't worry one bit about the fact you are not sure of the color's. As long as your friend picked them out, I just bet she is going to be so thrilled with it. Just remember, to each his own!! Nice work!!
:D :D :D :D