Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Ring or No Ring (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/ring-no-ring-t85486.html)

dutchie 12-27-2010 02:21 PM

Maybe a thinner ring. If not, then no ring is my vote,

grammydar 12-27-2010 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Maride
I would put a thin black border around the whole thing. The ring looks a little too tight.

my vote is a thinner ring as well

grammydar 12-27-2010 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by shopbelt
This is where I got my idea. Mine of course, doesn't look quite this pretty. This is my first applique.

Love this one.

hobbykat1955 12-27-2010 02:33 PM

NO...takes away from the tree...

Kitsapquilter 12-27-2010 04:20 PM

I agree with WITH!!!

shopbelt 12-27-2010 04:21 PM

Gosh, you guys - It's pretty much a tie.

ccb2200 12-27-2010 04:26 PM

I like it without the ring but if you want a ring I would put one that isn't so thick.

shopbelt 12-27-2010 05:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Lynneander

This is only the center strip. You guys may not like the rest of the quilt. It's a "Hippie Patchwork" quilt... In other words, lots of colors and the whole thing (including what you see here) is in corduroy. It is quite different, and not what I would pick for myself. In fact, I'm not sure if I will even post the finished product.

It's a belated Christmas present for my sweet little hippie daughter who blows glass for a living and lives in Asheville, NC (hippie town, USA). She didn't want me to send a gift, so I told her I would do this for her instead since they need the warmth up there. (19" of snow)

What's not to like? This quilt is a gift from your heart to your daughter. There isn't anything more special than sharing of yourself with someone you love and cherish.

So Sweet of you to say! Well, ok, here is one of the side panels... It's wild, I know!

Lockeb 12-27-2010 05:12 PM

If with a ring - I would do a thinner one - but I prefer without the ring! Looks Great!!!!

Lynneander 12-27-2010 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Lynneander

This is only the center strip. You guys may not like the rest of the quilt. It's a "Hippie Patchwork" quilt... In other words, lots of colors and the whole thing (including what you see here) is in corduroy. It is quite different, and not what I would pick for myself. In fact, I'm not sure if I will even post the finished product.

It's a belated Christmas present for my sweet little hippie daughter who blows glass for a living and lives in Asheville, NC (hippie town, USA). She didn't want me to send a gift, so I told her I would do this for her instead since they need the warmth up there. (19" of snow)

What's not to like? This quilt is a gift from your heart to your daughter. There isn't anything more special than sharing of yourself with someone you love and cherish.

So Sweet of you to say! Well, ok, here is one of the side panels... It's wild, I know!

It's perfect ... the colors are vibrant, probably much like your daughter. The fabrics are most like life ... rough and smooth, adding excitement and interest. Your daughter will love it!