Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-quilt-show-right-here-t135936.html)

ctmhjenn 07-08-2011 06:38 PM

I love every single quilt, and if I had ALL the time in the world, I would make every single one of them for myself! Just love all the variety, and as it has been said before, and I will say it again....BEAUTIFUL! Fabric at 6-10 dollars a yard, our scraps are just as valuable.

lynnsim 07-08-2011 06:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I love doing scrappy strip blocks and love raggy quilting. Here is one of the raggy quilts I made using these blocks.

skydiver70 07-08-2011 06:45 PM

What beautiful scrappy quilts. I will try to get a camera battery and take some pictures before long.

Every quilt is so unique and different. Scrappy is all the quilts we made growing up and Mama and Grandma never had any fabric bought just to make a quilt. They used fabric scraps from making feed sack dresses, shirts, etc. Scraps from clothes outgrown. There was no money to purchase fabric just to make a certain pattern, etc. They were made out of necessity.

I remember growing up and sleeping in a bedroom with no heat whatsoever. We only had a fireplace in the living room, but that didn't help much unless you were sitting right in front of it and then only one side got warm. All the heat went up the chimney and the upstairs had no electricity at all. I had enough quilts over me and a featherbed under me so I was as snug as a bug in a rug. Of course, you didn't want to turn over as you would then have to start all over getting that spot warm. LOL

I remember sleeping under a lot of quilts with my Grandma and she would snore so bad. You didn't want to move though.....too cold to do that. LOL Excuse me, I didn't mean to reminisce so much.

mary j 07-08-2011 06:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks everybody, this is the most fun I've had in a long time. you are all so wonderful.

This is a work in progress strips are now yet sewn together. But KiKi loves it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]223277[/ATTACH]

vintagemotif 07-08-2011 07:52 PM

5 Attachment(s)
So many beautiful quilts made with scraps. I'm enjoying the parade of scrappy quilts! I now know what to do with my pile that has grown this past year.

Last winter I just made table runners with leftover fabrics from the previous year. Here are some of the runners that I sent of as gifts to my family for the holidays.

kewlquilts 07-08-2011 09:07 PM

What an awesome quilt show!!!!! All these scraps have just been a great inspiration!!! Scraps rule!

owlvamp 07-08-2011 09:26 PM

Beautiful quilts!!!!!

tincan 07-08-2011 09:40 PM

Can't sleep so looked at every picture on this site. Every one is great and I'm glad that I am not a judge at this quilt show. They are all winners.

gramabear 07-08-2011 09:56 PM

You all have done a GREAT job on your scrappy's
I need to get mine out and take pic's
Roma

Becca Bear 07-08-2011 10:13 PM

Just lovely!!!