Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-quilt-show-right-here-t135936.html)

SuziSew 11-18-2014 11:59 AM

First let me thank gammy Dwynn for starting this thread!! I've finally made my way to the end and have enjoyed every minute of it! I even read all of the posts! I'm glad it's not a contest...there is no way I could ever pick one!! I applaud all of you for all of your hard work and incredible talent! I'm completely inspired to try one of my own.

Thanks to all for sharing!:)

Barb_MO 11-18-2014 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by SuziSew (Post 6974452)
First let me thank gammy Dwynn for starting this thread!! I've finally made my way to the end and have enjoyed every minute of it! I even read all of the posts! I'm glad it's not a contest...there is no way I could ever pick one!! I applaud all of you for all of your hard work and incredible talent! I'm completely inspired to try one of my own.

Thanks to all for sharing!:)

I finally got to the end also, had it bookmarked for ever. Glad I went back and looked at it again. Really some wonderful quilts.

OhCanada 11-18-2014 04:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Phew, it took me a few days to peruse through this thread - but how motivating!! I'm new to the QB, here is my first scrappy quilt (controlled scrappy), all the fabric came from my fat quarter collection (as this was also the first quilt I ever did). Now I do have some scraps and I want to go crazy scrappy with them.

sewbizgirl 11-18-2014 05:03 PM

That is simply gorgeous, OhCanada!

SandyinZ4 11-18-2014 08:25 PM

OhCanada, What a lovely quilt and quite amazing for your first one. Wow! Can't imagine what your next quilts will be like if this one is so superb! I like your avatar, too. I have seen something similar but do not know what that type of needlework is called. Something to do with Central/South America though, right?

Annz 11-18-2014 08:37 PM

looking good.

Barb_MO 11-18-2014 08:52 PM

That was a real undertaking for a first quilt OhCanada. What are your making next?

AngeliaNR 11-18-2014 09:48 PM

I do love this thread-so much inspiration!

Grandma Cindy 11-19-2014 01:27 PM

Is there a pattern or a tutorial to use or see. Your colors are magnificent.

Originally Posted by Izy (Post 6947330)
Yes I did use paper as a foundation AngeliaNR :)

OhCanada 11-19-2014 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by SandyinZ4 (Post 6975029)
OhCanada, What a lovely quilt and quite amazing for your first one. Wow! Can't imagine what your next quilts will be like if this one is so superb! I like your avatar, too. I have seen something similar but do not know what that type of needlework is called. Something to do with Central/South America though, right?

Hi Sandy - yes my avatar is a mola - which is made by the Guna ladies in Panama (also in Colombia). I blogged about a little about molas today if you are interested in learning more