Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy quilt WIP --- will post from start to finish (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-quilt-wip-will-post-start-finish-t95527.html)

roseOfsharon 01-31-2011 04:05 PM

Hi wildyard! I am still around. Still have not finished the Claudia mystery quilt! Soooooo many other things doing! I like your idea of scrappy scraps wonky quilt~ can't wait to see it in the next stage.

wildyard 01-31-2011 04:23 PM

hugggggs Sharon, great to hear from you.. My mystery quilt is the UFO of the month for February slated for finishing. LOL The only way I'm ever going to get past those dang apples.
Smilessssss...

@ followers of my thread: Fibro reared it's ugly head so sewing today was cut short and I'm having a close encounter with my heating pad. I got some things done, but didn't make it to the pressing stage. Hopefully will get back to it tomorrow.
This is one of the great things about quilting; it's always there waiting for you when you have to walk away for a while.

Raggiemom 01-31-2011 04:30 PM

Sounds like a neat idea.

pattypurple 01-31-2011 05:17 PM

Fun idea. Sounds like the next few days will be good ones to stay inside and sew. Hope we don't lose electricity.
Best wishes for your sister

Pat (near Rochester)

tomilu 01-31-2011 05:19 PM

Looking forward to following your progress. I'm sure she will love the quilt.

wildyard 01-31-2011 08:05 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Well, I got the pressing done and the photos taken, then a visit to the hottub before posting them here for you. I have my priorities. LOL.. So here is today's progress:

strips are getting longer, squares are growing
[ATTACH=CONFIG]162637[/ATTACH]

getting bigger, working out the wonk
[ATTACH=CONFIG]162644[/ATTACH]

liking the squares so far, they aren't full grown yet tho
[ATTACH=CONFIG]162645[/ATTACH]

lovin' this strip
[ATTACH=CONFIG]162776[/ATTACH]

puzzles are special in our family, love this fabric
[ATTACH=CONFIG]162835[/ATTACH]

lisalovesquilting 02-01-2011 04:07 AM

Thank you wildyard, this is very interesting to me as I have a LOT of scraps. Am I right in assuming that you didn't cut them at all, just used them as they were? Prayers going up for your sister and you.

wildyard 02-01-2011 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by lisalovesquilting
Thank you wildyard, this is very interesting to me as I have a LOT of scraps. Am I right in assuming that you didn't cut them at all, just used them as they were? Prayers going up for your sister and you.

Oh, no, sorry I missed that part. I did cut them to straighten the edges and make them into strips, rectangles, squares, triangles or whatever shape was most suggested by the scrap. I do that when putting my scraps away so I have them already cut like that in bins.
My sis-in-law recently gave me a shoebox of her scraps that were not trimmed, but were some of them in kind of wonky shapes which I kept and used that way.
Also, I have pulled some fabrics from my regular stash which I cut into strips of various widths for I'll need longer pieces as the squares grow. Plus, I am going to make some 9P blocks so I had to cut strips for those.
Also, I have my scissors handy and snip and trim as needed to fit things where I want them.
Smiles and huggggggggs

pollyjvan9 02-01-2011 08:43 AM

Prayers being said for your sister and am looking forward to following this quilt from its birth to its delivery.

Iluv2quilt 02-01-2011 09:17 AM

What a great use of scraps, nice work! :-D