Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy twister WIP (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-twister-wip-t91644.html)

Dragonfly Nana 01-18-2011 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by QM
I look forward to seeing how this turns out.

Ditto! It looks great so far.

susiequilt 01-18-2011 05:20 PM

It's looking good!

fidgety 01-18-2011 07:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok so it is 10:30 pm eastern time and I just finished cutting the squares out of the squares lol..( That sounds funny :mrgreen:) here they are all numbered so I dont screw it up...:roll: :roll:
Ok so tomorrow maybe I will get a start at sewing them back together. More pics tomorrow. :wink:

LovinMySoldier 01-18-2011 07:53 PM

Can't wait to see how it turns out tomorrow!

franie 01-18-2011 07:56 PM

Gonna be a good one!

arbed31 01-19-2011 07:59 AM

Thanks! You did a great job, now I have to give it a try.

How do you determine the width of the border?

Originally Posted by fidgety

Originally Posted by arbed31
How did you make your own ruler? I keep seeing these beautiful quilts made from the Twister and want to make one. Sooner or later.

Originally Posted by LovinMySoldier
Did you cut it up yet? I made one for my sil for Christmas! Was a lot of fun. I was too impatient to order a ruler so just made my own. turned out great! Can't wait to see yours. Good Luck!

Lol if you want to call it a ruler.. lol.. I made a 3 1/2 square od cardboard. sewed the blocks together and checked to make sure it was going to work. Good thing I checked.. 3 1/2 was to big soooooo I cut it down to 3 since my starting blocks were only 4 1/2 " and not the normal 5". I just marked off one of my other rulers on the back side to 3" and drew my lines on scotch tape on the back side of the ruler.
So I have started cutting now and her eis what is coming out of it.

arbed31 01-19-2011 08:01 AM

Thanks for the info. Now if life would stop getting in the way I could make one!

Originally Posted by arbed31
How did you make your own ruler? I keep seeing these beautiful quilts made from the Twister and want to make one. Sooner or later.

Did you cut it up yet? I made one for my sil for Christmas! Was a lot of fun. I was too impatient to order a ruler so just made my own. turned out great! Can't wait to see yours. Good Luck!

I did 8 inch squares. And then I used my 6.5 inch ruler and drew lines an inch and a half from each corner. So from the right corner I went in to the left. The top left corner I went down. I drew on my ruler with a permanent marker. The 8 inch squares just barely worked. I think I did a 6 inch border. Anyways that's what I did. I actually got a bit of help from another member. good luck

fidgety 01-19-2011 03:04 PM

I got help on the Qb with that one. Mine was 3" but I made sure before I cut anything that I was going to be able to cut the square without going outside th borfer fabric if that made any sense.. :lol: :shock: :?:

No new updates today.. I didnt get to sew today.. shooting for tomorrow.. :cry:

dreamer2009 01-19-2011 03:30 PM

how odd to make a quilt so you can cut it up to make a quilt.
what do you call this ??

Vintage Bicycle 01-19-2011 03:31 PM

Exciting! I love seeing photos of the different steps!