Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Secret Quilt Angel Reveal info page 301 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/secret-quilt-angel-reveal-info-page-301-a-t31742.html)

imjustme 04-21-2010 06:17 AM

maybe I can teach them to sew- Is almost 2yrs and 4 yrs to young? lol

NO. They can "sew" punch cards. This develops fine motor skills and keeps them occupied "sewing " with mommy[/quote]

I had to look up what a punch card was. I am glad I did because at first I was wondering how my little Makayla was going to reach the foot pedal on my machine lol

Grama Lehr 04-21-2010 06:22 AM

My grandkids love doing those punch cards!! Basically it's hard cardboard or light weight wood and they run a shoe string around in and out of the holes. I found kits at Michael s they really love! :-P They are stuffed animals, hearts, or pin cushions. They come in a kit with punched holes and they thread yard thru the holes, stuff it add eyes or other embellishments and have something to show for their hard work. Now I take felt and make them myself. It's lots of fun for the girls. ;-)

Leota 04-21-2010 06:25 AM

You can make these out of card stock or the back of note pads.
Find a simple picture and color it. glue it the card stock and cut out outline. Then using a hole punch, punch out the outline about 1/4 inch from edge of card...
They have plastic needles for children at Hobby Lobby use yard as the thread.

Grama Lehr 04-21-2010 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Leota
You can make these out of card stock or the back of note pads.
Find a simple picture and color it. glue it the card stock and cut out outline. Then using a hole punch, punch out the outline about 1/4 inch from edge of card...
They have plastic needles for children at Hobby Lobby use yard as the thread.

That's what I do!! The ones that I make out of felt let them take a project home, or give as a gift to mom or dad.
Great minds think alike!! :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:

dojo36 04-21-2010 08:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
OMG look here at what just came in the mail. the picture is kinda blurry, been having problems with my old camera, guess i need a new one. ok, there is a kit for a santa pillow, needle grabber, five fat quarters (beautiful colors), a rubber bobbin holder,a Christmas stocking pattern, a beautiful card, a fons & porter pin cushion, a chaco blue liner, and a decal for a window in house or car saying "i make quilts". could not believe all this stuff, what a great angel i have. i love it all of course. i think i'll put that decal on my car as i just started longarm quilting 4 months ago. thank you so much, have a great day and God Bless.

Grama Lehr 04-21-2010 08:23 AM

HOW VERY PRETTY!! I love the fabric, lovely greens! Lucky Lady! Oodles of cool stuff!! :thumbup: :lol: :mrgreen:

STAR 04-21-2010 11:10 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Where is my Angel??

OH Aaannnnggeellllllll!! :-o

well I hope she heard me and sees these pictures of my VERY FIRST yoyo!! thanx to my Angel and the yoyo maker she just sent me!! it is so cute! I am using it on a doll quilt I am making. I plan to make many many more of them with my scraps!

Thanx my Angel :mrgreen:

Dawn Hendrix 04-21-2010 11:55 AM

Funny I was makeing yoyo's today with my new yoyo maker..

Leota 04-21-2010 11:56 AM

How fun! So cute

laparshall 04-21-2010 11:57 AM

Star: Why that looks like a perfect yo yo.