Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Sewing at the lake . . . (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/sewing-lake-t6534.html)

DJ 04-26-2008 10:58 AM

GMarie ~ I have to plan pretty carefully ahead of time on what to work on. I pre-cut the squares so I wouldn't need my large cutting mat. This is a simple pattern that I'm making for charity. The small folding table (from Camping World and sometimes Costco has them) is sturdy enough for my sewing machine. I also brought some fabrics to work on a paper-pieced project if I finish this one and want something else to do.

Looks like I'll be spending some time this afternoon holding down a lawn chair and cross stitching!

MissTreated 04-26-2008 11:54 AM

That looks so peaceful! Way better than my dungeon. Right now a dungeon I can't even see out the windows because there is so stinkin' much snow!!!

M

Barb M 04-26-2008 12:25 PM

Wow, that looks so nice! :)

beachlady 04-26-2008 01:18 PM

Very nice. I sew looking at the ocean, so know how enjoyable it is to look at water while sewing. Enjoyable even when you have to rip something out!!!

blahel 04-26-2008 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by MissTreated
That looks so peaceful! Way better than my dungeon. Right now a dungeon I can't even see out the windows because there is so stinkin' much snow!!!

M

but mistreated.. snow is water..just imagine all that snow turning into a beautiful lake like the one DJ is at..

GMarie 04-27-2008 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by DJ
GMarie ~ I have to plan pretty carefully ahead of time on what to work on. I pre-cut the squares so I wouldn't need my large cutting mat. This is a simple pattern that I'm making for charity. The small folding table (from Camping World and sometimes Costco has them) is sturdy enough for my sewing machine. I also brought some fabrics to work on a paper-pieced project if I finish this one and want something else to do.

Looks like I'll be spending some time this afternoon holding down a lawn chair and cross stitching!

I cross-stitch too. I'm just finishing up The Last Supper for my dining room wall. I'll take a picture when I'm done and post it.

GMarie 04-27-2008 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by beachlady
Very nice. I sew looking at the ocean, so know how enjoyable it is to look at water while sewing. Enjoyable even when you have to rip something out!!!

Wow, that would be so nice! I'm currently working on switching some things around so I can have a "Quilt Room". I'll be looking at my back yard - not as nice as the ocean, but nice anyway!

DJ 04-27-2008 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by GMarie
I cross-stitch too. I'm just finishing up The Last Supper for my dining room wall. I'll take a picture when I'm done and post it.

The Last Supper! Wow! Can't wait to see it! Mine are very, very, very simple by comparson.

I've seen one of the Sistine Chapel that's amazing!