Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   She Followed Him Home. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/she-followed-him-home-t145606.html)

KLO 08-17-2011 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by pbreon
She looks like a sweetie!! I have a blue, and they are so smart!!! I see her tail is docked... I like the tail there... it helps read what is on there mind... Belle has a talking tail!!! when that tail is straight up she is a happy dog.... when it points straight out ... she is looking at or for something.. of course when it is tucked between her legs, she is stressed or afraid... interesting personality these dogs have...

Oh I just read this post and you could be talking about my blue heeler mix. She has her tail also and yes, along with her ears, she talks to us with it just as you described. We are thinking about getting another dog for her to have a buddy. Not sure yet.

Millstream Mom 08-17-2011 03:16 PM

What a sweetheart! I hope they all "play nice" together, and she fits in!

COYOTEMAGIC 08-17-2011 03:36 PM

Belle has a talking tail!!! ..

My Katie has a talking tail. You can tell everything that is going on in her head by watching that tail. My last girl, Spook, the Stumpy tail, she spoke with her eyes and the expression on her face.

COYOTEMAGIC 08-17-2011 03:56 PM

Other than being really needy, needing some basic training, she doesn't seem to have any issues. My biggest concern was my cats. We attempted to adopt another puppy before we got Icee that nearly killed 2 of my cats in the first day. Chey has been really good.

Heelers need a "job". Just something to do to keep them physically and mentally simulated. Working stock they have to be on their toes and thinking or a cow could kill they with a single kick. Krazy Katie as we call her when she is not in her Service Dog vest is working on learning what things I am allergic to and the signs of anaphylatic shock. She has already had one solid alert, works an er like a pro and has all the nurses at my oncologist office on heel, lol. When she gets home, she is just one wild little girl that loves to play in her pool, chase the chickens along the fence, shake the dickens out of the rope toys on the spring pole and wrestle with Icee. I have a section fenced off yard for them that is 40 ft by 80ft (6ft fences because Katie has a 30 inch vertical leap from a sit) tractor tires stacked up, platforms for jumping on and off, and under, I've got to get the tunnels from an old McDonalds slide put together.

When it gets too hot, we were in the upper 90's for a couple weeks, they play in the house as you can see by the picture in my avatar!! Jumping on my bed!!

Thing is, if they don't have something to do, they will find something of their own to do, and it just may be distructive. That's why a lot of these dogs end up at the pound. People don't realize what they really need. They aren't for people who are gonna sit around.

Someone also said "velcro" dog. They are very loyal to their owner. This is not a dog if you get tired of it you can just pass off to someone else. They have a tendency to find their way back home to the one who had cared for them for so long, miles and miles away from where they were moved to.

I've had hounds, German Shepherds, Labs, mutts but after having Heelers, I won't have another type of dog.

AnnaF 08-17-2011 04:02 PM

How nice for her that you allowed her to follow you home..hope she works out for your family.

carolynbb 08-17-2011 04:04 PM

O.M. Gosh. What a beauty! Looks like a keeper to me.

johns2ndwife 08-17-2011 06:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Aww...she's so cute.....
here is my blue heeler mix...see no tail...lol

pbreon 08-17-2011 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by KLO

She looks like a sweetie!! I have a blue, and they are so smart!!! I see her tail is docked... I like the tail there... it helps read what is on there mind... Belle has a talking tail!!! when that tail is straight up she is a happy dog.... when it points straight out ... she is looking at or for something.. of course when it is tucked between her legs, she is stressed or afraid... interesting personality these dogs have...

Oh I just read this post and you could be talking about my blue heeler mix. She has her tail also and yes, along with her ears, she talks to us with it just as you described. We are thinking about getting another dog for her to have a buddy. Not sure yet.

well, if she is an older girl, you might think about a pup so she can be the alpa .... but warm up to her slow, I have Lillie, a cute little cocker, and Belle girl came as a pup, but she sure scraps with Lillie to get her way, I swear, it's like having two kids again!!!
but all in all, the sure like to be with each other... it so cute to see Belle licking her face and keeping her eyes clean... silly girls..

Beffy_Boo 08-17-2011 10:38 PM

Cow doggies are my favorite. Lovely little redhead you got there. Hope all works out.

Gramof6 08-17-2011 10:46 PM

I hope she gets to remain with you forever. She is a beautiful girl! Thanks for sharing.