Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Sis in law didn't like this quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/sis-law-didnt-like-quilt-t83794.html)

KarenR 12-19-2010 01:23 PM

I can not believe your SIS in law. That quilt is great! I'm glad your grandson is getting it.
It brings back a memory from an older gentleman who used to shop were I helped out at. He would come in and say wrap up anything - because she will return it no matter what it is.

sueisallaboutquilts 12-19-2010 02:25 PM

I completely agree with the others about loving anything someone made for me.
And that word "quilaty" is so cute!!!

amma 12-20-2010 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by litacats

Originally Posted by craftybear
cute quilt

what is her loss is your grandsons gain. I am sure he will love it

I agree! Your DGS will love and treasure this quilt :D:D:D

dunster 12-20-2010 03:13 PM

The grandson will be thrilled. Lovely quilt.

bearisgray 12-20-2010 03:15 PM

It's a very nice quilt.

But I don't think it's fair to diss the SIL if she doesn't like it.

I've seen lovely, expensive, beautifully crafted things that I just did not care for. My liking or not liking the thing had nothing to do with the maker.

I'm glad the quilt is going to someone that WILL like it -

Did SIL give it back to you?

If so, aren't you glad she did that rather than put it in a yard sale for $1.00?

Do/Did you get along/like each other before this?

Just another thought -

ccb2200 12-20-2010 03:20 PM

Cute quilt. Too bad you Sis didn't like it.

Mona Lisa 12-20-2010 04:50 PM

YOur grandson is very lucky

QuiltingHiker 12-20-2010 04:54 PM

I have some "camping" fabric if you are making her another quilt. PM me if you want it.

Jingle 12-26-2010 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
It's a very nice quilt.

But I don't think it's fair to diss the SIL if she doesn't like it.

I've seen lovely, expensive, beautifully crafted things that I just did not care for. My liking or not liking the thing had nothing to do with the maker.

I'm glad the quilt is going to someone that WILL like it -

Did SIL give it back to you?

Sisinlaw, never saw the quilt, I described it to her and she asked if it had a tent in it and I said no, she said then she didn't want it. We get along very well and she thinks I am the greatest thing since sliced bread, and looks to me for words of wisdom, I'm old enough to be her Mother.
I'm not planning on hurrying to make another anytime soon, she has a comforter and a very nice log cabin type quilt from me. I've never seen them being used, probably spend their time in the closet. I know my DGS will use it.

If so, aren't you glad she did that rather than put it in a yard sale for $1.00?

Do/Did you get along/like each other before this?

Just another thought -

bigbrownowl 01-09-2011 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
I completely agree with the others about loving anything someone made for me.
And that word "quilaty" is so cute!!!

Yep! my kids are strange with language - they LOVE making up words that are applicable to various situations. The words made up around quilts are too numerous to mention!

My feelings about this quilt are that, as with any present, you need to be sure that the recipient is going to appreciate it. My daughter in law didn't get a handmade gift this year, becuase I wasn't sure that she would appreciate it.

She went absolutely bananas when she saw the homemade bags I made for everyone else. She will get one for her birthday, but at least I know she will appreciate it!