Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Sneak peek - Wild in Bloom (horses, mountains, and wildflowers) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/sneak-peek-wild-bloom-horses-mountains-wildflowers-t24507.html)

Harmony 08-22-2009 05:37 PM

I have a friend whose granddaughter lives in Colorado, and she's totally horse crazy! We've been trying to come up with an idea for a quilt for her, and these fabrics absoultely sing to me! Can't wait until they come out!

Favorite Fabrics 08-22-2009 05:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The manufacturer is working on a project sheet, that I assume will be made available by the time the fabrics are ready. Here's a picture, maybe it will give you an idea.

pocoellie 08-22-2009 07:51 PM

Beautiful fabric!!

omak 08-22-2009 10:03 PM

I read your comment about the blue mountains with a smile, since there is NEVER enough blue anywhere for me, but when I saw the fabric, and thought about what you had written, I thought ... you just have never seen Wyoming (Big Sky Country) ...
then, <g> I looked back up at your avatar and noted the New York location and totally understood ... the brown ... all of it totally capture the Grand Tetons ... and the Rocky Mountains ... the Cascades are a bit smaller ...
Lest you think I am feeling a bit superior, I finally met a New Yorker one time and he had a devil of a time convincing ME that the state of New York was a bit more than concrete jungle ... you even have dairies over there!
LOL ... I had always just assumed that anything east of the Mississippi and heading NE had to be concrete and neon ... silly me! :oops:
The world is a truly amazing place <g>
I think that this line of fabric is just a must have ... <g> IMHO <wave>

Bevanger 08-23-2009 03:51 AM

oh my gosh. i'm in love. Horses and teddy bears are my weakness

CajunQuilter2 08-23-2009 06:35 AM

These are awesome, there are several horse lovers n here that are gonna love this collection

Favorite Fabrics 08-23-2009 05:27 PM

Quiltluvr - I've wanted to see the Grand Tetons since I was ten or eleven years old. So, yes, it is on my "bucket list".

Omak - New York City definitely is all concrete and neon. But here in upstate NY, we have a lot of variety! There's wine country - lots of vineyards and wineries - in the finger lakes (central part of the state) and also along the shore of Lake Erie. Near the Lake Ontario shore, the climate is a few degrees milder so they grow apples, cherries, peaches, plums and pears. New York State is the second largest producer of apples (albeit a DISTANT second to Washington State)! We also grow a lot of potatoes and cabbage, and yes there are quite a few dairy farms, though less than there used to be, as the price paid for milk is so low.

Quilt4u 08-24-2009 01:40 AM

I just love them.

butterflywing 08-24-2009 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
And horsehair coordinates:

those also look like dog hair.

omak 08-24-2009 07:29 PM

and, I am always looking for the brown/red so I could make my limousin cattle ... Hereford ... red angus ... Santa Gertrudis ... red cows!
Instead, I get stuck with HOLSTEIN hide ... well, longhorn could look like that, too ...
Finally! Someone who seems to understand/know western colors <g>