Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Some of my Hospice Lap Quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/some-my-hospice-lap-quilts-t146806.html)

katigirl 08-22-2011 11:44 PM

The colors on all of the are so bright and lovely. I sure the people will love to use them.

Gerbie 08-22-2011 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by quilterbabe
People always seem amazed when I show them my quilts and they find out I donate them. I was even asked if Hospice bought the fabric and/or thread. Of course my answer is "no". As to why I make at least a dozen quilts a year and donate them - my family (and me) already has all they need at this time and I still want to quilt. I don't need a specific person to quilt for - I just enjoy the freedom of chosing my own colors, pattern, etc. BTW - a lot of these are my own designs. I start by using up some scraps or something that didn't work in another quilt - and it "tells me" what I need to do next.

BEautiful quilts !!when you're using something that didn't work in one quilt but seems to in another I think it is God's way of telling you what to do and thanking you for doing for others. That is sharing LOVE!!!!! I love the third stained glass looking quilt and the small squares with striped orchid/white border quilt.

My time 08-23-2011 03:09 AM

Wonderful quilts. Is the last one a panel or pieces?

cjaye44 08-23-2011 04:46 AM

They're all beautiful!!! The recipients will surely love them!

quilterbabe 08-23-2011 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by My time
Wonderful quilts. Is the last one a panel or pieces?

The last quilt is 425 two inch squares fused to a "fusible foundation". Then black bias was sewn on so all the edges of the 2" squares would be secured down. Then just to make sure they didn't pop out with use, I did a very tiny zig zag right next to the black bias so all edges of the fabric were definitely secure and wouldn't fall apart when the quilt got washed. I used that final zig zag process also as my quilting.

quilterbabe 08-23-2011 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by quilterbabe

Originally Posted by ncredbird
They are all just lovely and I am sure very warmly received.
Was wondering about where to find a pattern for the In and Out quilt. I googled it and nothing came up that looked like that one.
Thanks, Ann in TN

The In & Out is really simple. Cut lots of bright colored pieces 6 1/2" long and 4 1/2" wide. Add 2" strips to all the sides that are 6 1/2" long. (This makes the width now 6 1/2" also - whalla - a 6 1/2" square.) Then just alternate the resulting blocks - one with black strips going sideways, one with black strips going up and down, etc.

I made a mistake on the IN & OUT quilt and wanted to correct it before anyone followed my directions. The smaller strips should be cut 1 1/2" X 6 1/2" - NOT the 2" I previously stated. I don't have the instruction with me at my summer home and thought I remembered them....then got thinking one night in bed --- that will never come out right!!!! SORRY!!

Roberta 08-23-2011 06:04 AM

Those will bring so much comfort to so many. You're a special lady.

blueangel 08-23-2011 06:06 AM

Nice

Kelela 08-23-2011 07:32 AM

Your quilts are very pretty but just as important is your very loving and giving heart for those who are going through a rough time. Kelela

grandma Janice 08-23-2011 10:01 AM

lovely quilts, they will love them.