Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Somebody Pleeeese help.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/somebody-pleeeese-help-t142519.html)

jodimae 08-04-2011 07:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ahhhh problem solved, And I feel a little embarrassed. I have tried this diamond thing once before anly to toss it aside from frustration. I forgot to extend the diamond tip beyond the end for 1/4' seam allowance, or something like that. The directions didn't say to do that so I forgot. Thanks all...now let's see if I can get the other 7 that close.

I got one right.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]236218[/ATTACH]

AndiR 08-04-2011 07:21 AM

Glad you figured out the problem. It's going to look great - be sure and show us again when you finish it!

Kitsie 08-04-2011 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by jodimae
Ahhhh problem solved, And I feel a little embarrassed. I have tried this diamond thing once before anly to toss it aside from frustration. I forgot to extend the diamond tip beyond the end for 1/4' seam allowance, or something like that. The directions didn't say to do that so I forgot. Thanks all...now let's see if I can get the other 7 that close.

OH, WOW. glad you figured it out. Its going to be gorgeous!

MTS 08-04-2011 08:16 AM

The brown diamond looks fantastic. Perfect placement.
That is going to be a stunning star when it's all put together.

Jammin' Jane 08-04-2011 08:35 AM

Glad you got it figured out! It's gonna be a gorgeous quilt! Love your fabric!

pjaco 08-04-2011 10:23 AM

I hate that! I'm always messing it up.

Justquilting 08-04-2011 10:25 AM

Glad you got it! Beautiful fabric!!!

Scrap Happy 08-04-2011 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by jodimae

:-D :thumbup: Love the colors and looking forward to seeing pictures when it's done.

yonnikka 08-04-2011 10:30 AM

Here's a way to train yourself: take a straight pin, put it into the diamond at the exact spot where two seam lines will cross. (the point of your diamond) Do this with both pieces that you will sew together. The pindots should indicate an exact crossing point. If you prefer, draw thin pencil lines on the back sides of your two pieces--exactly on the seam line.

QM 08-04-2011 10:35 AM

Yup! That is what I was about to say. I am glad you figured it out, many people never do. In joining segments, put a vertical pin through where they should all meet, then pin on either side of that.

Also, When I started quilting, the "scant" 1/4" drove me crazy. No one told me that the measure included the hairy edges of the allowance, which makes about 1/32" difference.