Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Spent my refund on this :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/spent-my-refund-t6835.html)

c2cd2008 05-04-2008 05:57 PM

I spent money today but mine did not come from the check that a lot of people got :cry: O well, maybe next year I will at least get a small return of some kind. Until then I will just keep hiding things from my DH! LOL

Psst, I dont really hide things from him. He is just not aware of the ACTUAL amount I do make! LOL

tlrnhi 05-04-2008 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by c2cd2008
I spent money today but mine did not come from the check that a lot of people got :cry: O well, maybe next year I will at least get a small return of some kind. Until then I will just keep hiding things from my DH! LOL

Psst, I dont really hide things from him. He is just not aware of the ACTUAL amount I do make! LOL

LOL

I think Joanns, when I get to go to the actual store, welcomes me with open arms. lol Would love to be able to get to a REAL fabric store again, but I can dream......

When I work, we use hubbys check to pay household bills and whatnot and my checks are for play. Works out great that way. Hmmm....maybe I need a job so I can play more? ;)

Harmony 05-04-2008 08:07 PM

You've got to love JoAnn's! I especially love the $.99 fat quarters. Have to restrain myself when they go on sale--I already own way too many!

barnbum 05-05-2008 03:08 AM

Well--that's exactly what the government wanted you to do with it. :wink:

sandpat 05-05-2008 05:01 AM

Henry, the politicians would give you a standing applause!!! Looks great to me, have fun with it!

Skeat 05-05-2008 05:53 AM

Heck! I am giving you much applause!! You go guy!! You will absol. love those rulers!! They are my right hand in quilting!! You won't know how you did w/o them! I like what you did w/your check...so much more fun then what we will be doing!!:))(((Good Job Henry!)))) Skeat

c2cd2008 05-05-2008 06:02 AM

Henry, I hope you do not mind but I showed my 14yo SS your threads showing your work and your new toys. He is interested in quilting but see's it as a "girl thing" and I wanted to show him that tough guys sew too and in fact make some pretty neat stuff! He was very happy to see your work and I feel like you being here has helped him understand that tough guy's can create with stitches too! Thanks for being here and showing my SS that he doesnt have to be afraid of the creativeness he has inside!

Joan 05-05-2008 06:10 AM

President Bush will just be so proud of you, Henry. (and I love those fat quarters, I got an ad in the mail and that .99 price tag keeps calling me...)

Minda 05-05-2008 07:14 AM

Henry, You did a fantastic job getting that money back into the economy!! :D I hope to do the same. What is the sewing bag called and what company makes it? I would like to get one. Thanks.

Missi 05-05-2008 09:32 AM

Great choices - i have a few of the books and they are great and the 12.5 X 12.5 ruler is the best. I have worn mine out and need a new one.